New Partnership with Plesk

HelioHost

Plesk supports both Apache and nginx.

https://docs.plesk.com/en-US/obsidian/administrator-guide/web-servers/apache-and-nginx-web-servers-linux/apache-with-nginx.70837/

Perhaps some users need .htaccess, so Apache will continue to be the main operation.
However, the administrator seems to be thinking about the possibility of introducing nginx.
Certainly, the processing speed has a merit for the entire server.

• Like 1

As for your AAA support, you were really quick to find a solution with Plesk. Thanks, in the name of all those who believe in a free Internet for everyone!

As far as I understand, the situation is similar to the Tommy disk crash: Backup by HelioHost of all user accounts and restore of the accounts after the rebuild. And the only thing to do, restore/re-upload the files, recreate the databases and import their data?

The question is, what to do meanwhile. Just waiting is not an option for me. The loss of visitors and, more important, the loss of actual Google Search rankings, would be to big. Apart giving up my web dreams or giving up HelioHost, two options, I guess: VPS and temporarily moving my site to the server of some other web space provider. Not really prepared to loose lots of time and surely not to loose my good mood with having to install a webserver, PHP, Perl, eventually MySQL and a web interface, I think the second option is be the best for a Windows user, not really used to work in a Unix console. Someone has a suggestion for a provider, where I find web space free of charge, being sure that my PHP and Perl scripts will run correctly, with eventually the possibility for 1 MySQL database (my big database application being actually anyway offline)? And, a more important question, how much time is left for me to take a decision, I mean how long Tommy will still be up and my site accessible (should I change forced https, because the certificates are signed by cPanel?)?

Thanks for answer and thanks for a really nice job you do!

3 hours ago, allu62 said:

Not really prepared to loose lots of time and surely not to loose my good mood with having to install a webserver, PHP, Perl, eventually MySQL and a web interface,

If you want to get a VPS we can install a free control panel for you that will install everything for you. A popular OS and free control panel is Ubuntu 20 with Hestia. Maybe take a look at their demo and find some of the familiar cPanel functionality. https://demo.hestiacp.com:8083/

Someone has a suggestion for a provider, where I find web space free of charge, being sure that my PHP and Perl scripts will run correctly, with eventually the possibility for 1 MySQL database (my big database application being actually anyway offline)?

I've never used them personally, but I've heard a lot of people talk about infinityfree. Most of the time when people tell me about them it's because they're saying how much better HelioHost is though.

And, a more important question, how much time is left for me to take a decision, I mean how long Tommy will still be up and my site accessible

Tommy will be the first to be backed up, and that may complete in the next day or two. Once the backups are done and all the data is safe Tommy will be wiped and we will begin installing Plesk. So your website will be online in its broken current state for maybe 2 or 3 more days max I'd say.

9 minutes ago, Krydos said:

I've never used them personally, but I've heard a lot of people talk about infinityfree. Most of the time when people tell me about them it's because they're saying how much better HelioHost is though.

One of their big killers is (at least when I messed with their service a few years back) they had a (really low) hard inode limit, and allow_url_fopen wasn't allowed. Sites errored out all the time and half the stuff you installed didn't work because of the server configuration. Performance-wise the experience was somewhere between Johnny and pre-rebuild Ricky.

11 hours ago, allu62 said:

As far as I understand, the situation is similar to the Tommy disk crash: Backup by HelioHost of all user accounts and restore of the accounts after the rebuild. And the only thing to do, restore/re-upload the files, recreate the databases and import their data?

That would be a little different. cPanel and mail have stopped working, but the web and SQL are still working.
The web data is completely preserved and the administrator is currently doing a full backup.
You should be able to back it up separately.

If you want to get a VPS we can install a free control panel for you that will install everything for you.

"You are really the best!", someone wrote. He must know HelioHost for some time... 😍

This seems a pretty good idea for me. Staying at HelioHost during the transition phase, having the possibility to learn new things, and having a pretext to ask my "sponsor" for help and with a 6 moths VPS subscription, showing my gratitude and admiration for you guys. Did I read well, that the subscription has to be canceled manually, or is there an option to do this automatically? I ask because, it's not me, who will pay and I want to be sure not causing any problems to people, who have the kindness to support me. What will I have to do when the transaction is done? Posting the ID and waiting for an email, telling me that I can start installation and file transfer?

Nice day to everyone!

hello

there was this thing that you had to log in every 30 days to not get offlined, but now there is no place to log in and the 30 days will be over soon 😱
and this forum account is separate from the main account, because the main account didnt have a display name?

Yup? You may not understand what a VPS is. It has nothing but the OS.

That VPS is nothing but the OS may be read in Krydos' posts; thus I know what it is. And having to install all servers myself, are you sure? If HelioHost installs Hestia, everything seems to be automatically installed (if I correctly understood the Hestia documentation). For the rest you may be right, that I'll get problems: Nginx instead of Apache, MariaDB instead of MySQL, some PHP application server instead of Apache PHP module, I guess, nothing said about Perl (but might be part of Ubuntu OS)...

17 minutes ago, hestia66 said:

there was this thing that you had to log in every 30 days to not get offlined, but now there is no place to log in and the 30 days will be over soon 😱

Jenova and I confirmed this. I hope it won't be archived until Plesk is built.

20 minutes ago, hestia66 said:

and this forum account is separate from the main account, because the main account didnt have a display name?

If the main account is HelioHost, yes. 
Until recently, HelioHost and HelioNet had to be registered separately.

In addition, HelioNet has recently changed its forum system. So I signed up three times.