Tommy and Ricky Backups Done

HelioHost

Tommy and Ricky are both done backing up, and links to download the full backups have been emailed to all of the active accounts. If you didn't get an email for some reason you can download your backup from https://www.heliohost.org/backup/ If you're having trouble downloading your backup let us know and we can help. The backup files contain all of your files, databases, emails, and all of your cPanel settings. If you need any help extracting the information you're looking for from your backup let us know and we can help with that as well. Johnny is now backing up, and we expect that process to take about 3 days to complete. Since Tommy is done backing up we will be taking him offline soon to start installing Plesk.

• Thanks 3

8 hours ago, HelioHost said:

Tommy and Ricky are both done backing up, and links to download the full backups have been emailed to all of the active accounts. If you didn't get an email for some reason you can download your backup from https://www.heliohost.org/backup/ If you're having trouble downloading your backup let us know and we can help. The backup files contain all of your files, databases, emails, and all of your cPanel settings. If you need any help extracting the information you're looking for from your backup let us know and we can help with that as well. Johnny is now backing up, and we expect that process to take about 3 days to complete. Since Tommy is done backing up we will be taking him offline soon to start installing Plesk.

Thanks! backup copies download! Good wishes and many successes, we are with you!

Thank you! I had some trouble finding where things were at first, because there were some folders that looked like the right ones but had very little inside.

In case this helps anyone else, here's where you look:

The static website files are inside

cpmove-[YOUR_USERNAME]\homedir\public_html

The database (SQL) backups are inside

cpmove-[YOUR_USERNAME]\mysql

• Like 1

I've gotten no emails about the impending doom...it's only happenstance that I just logged in to see this news. (don't need a backup tho).

Might need to blast out another warning to every email you have.

41 minutes ago, Krydos said:

You were sent an email. Perhaps check your spam folder? If it's not there complain to Comcast I guess.

Finally found it by using webmail; indeed marked spam by Comcast instead of delivered; their spam filter folder apparently doesn't IMAP sync.

Here's things that might have triggered it https://postmaster.comcast.net/avoidblocks.html; you might craft a new email for Comcasters avoiding these rules.

Here's headers that have some spam ratings:

X-Xfinity-VMeta: sc=349.00;st=spam
X-Xfinity-Message-Heuristics: IPv6:N;TLS=1;SPF=1;DMARC=P
Authentication-Results: resimta-po-21v.sys.comcast.net;
    dkim=pass header.d=cody.heliohost.org header.b=2IU9rz5J;
    dkim=pass header.d=heliohost.org header.b=Tj43rPph
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; q=dns/txt; c=relaxed/relaxed;
    d=cody.heliohost.org; s=default; h=Date:Message-Id:Content-type:
    List-Unsubscribe:From:MIME-Version:Subject:To:Sender:Reply-To:Cc:
    Content-Transfer-Encoding:Content-ID:Content-Description:Resent-Date:
    Resent-From:Resent-Sender:Resent-To:Resent-Cc:Resent-Message-ID:In-Reply-To:
    References:List-Id:List-Help:List-Subscribe:List-Post:List-Owner:List-Archive
    ; bh=y3Ylo1DoGeo53BCSUbhrdwQEQXZ1ojegrr3b1zT1Shg=; b=2IU9rz5JS+0J/bdJzF+jPIyv

heliospam2.jpg

Actually, there is an issue. One of my folders should have had a bit over 800 files (8.49mb), but the one in the backup has only 407 files (3.8mb).

It doesn't matter in my case because I had a backup of that folder anyway, but it might be an issue for someone else as well...

I also didn't receive the backup email. I don't remember whether the registered email for my account (infantx on Tommy, sadly without the "e") is from Hotmail or Gmail, but I checked the spam folders of both and it wasn't there either.

Neither did I receive a notification of the problems with cPanel. I tried to log in during the weekend just to keep my account alive and landed on the "Thanks for all the fish" post.

By the way, I do receive the inactivity alert emails.

Regards,

It's a Hotmail account, and you're the third person to report that Hotmail didn't deliver these emails...I suspect they're rejecting them as spam before they even make it into the spam bin. They've been known to do this with other email from our servers in the past, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is the cause. If hotmail is affected, odds are outlook.com and msn.com are also affected, as they're all the same service internally (all are Microsoft).

AOL is also infamous for its overaggressive spam filter, but they're not related...

2 hours ago, wolstech said:

It's a Hotmail account, and you're the third person to report that Hotmail didn't deliver these emails...I suspect they're rejecting them as spam before they even make it into the spam bin

I did a spam test on the email before I sent it and one of the warnings I got was about the phrase "trying to charge us over $17,000 per year to renew them." It ranks pretty high on spam filters because it mentions of a large sum of money. Normally I rewrite my emails to avoid triggering spam tests like this, but there really isn't any way to explain cPanel's hijacking and ransom request without emphasizing how much they're trying to charge us to get our servers back.

Also, for what it's worth, I have an account with a Hotmail email address and I received the email just fine so it's not like all Hotmail/Microsoft emails were flagged as spam.

Pls start installing plesk, the earlier the better..  now that you are starting from scratch i hope you will have wordpress in mind without too much error... i had to move to awardspace to design my wordpress site, the free host work fluently without error 500 and its very fast, the down side is no ssl...

i believe Heliohost can do better 

• Like 1