Tommy and Ricky Backups Done

HelioHost

1 hour ago, ojplanet said:

now that you are starting from scratch i hope you will have wordpress in mind without too much error... i had to move to awardspace to design my wordpress site

Generally we try to provide free hosting to as many people as possible. Why provide free hosting to only 5 Wordpress users when we can provide free hosting to 500 non-Wordpress users that cause the same amount of load?

Wow I don’t know it consume a lot of resources like that..... 5 wordpress site to 500 non wordpress site 😮 

Goodbye to wordpress, am so sorry for causing high loads all this while and i still complain too much... am so ashamed of myself 😭 

12 hours ago, ojplanet said:

Wow I don’t know it consume a lot of resources like that..... 5 wordpress site to 500 non wordpress site 😮 

Goodbye to wordpress, am so sorry for causing high loads all this while and i still complain too much... am so ashamed of myself 😭

You have to realize that the purpose of most hosting companies is to make as much money as possible. They know the same thing we do, that Wordpress causes insane amounts of load, but rather than suspend people for it they try to milk the situation for as much money as they can. Rather than tell you how much load you're causing and trying to fix the problem they do stupid tricks like making their free hosting unusable to force you to upgrade to a paid plan. Seriously, every website should have SSL in 2021. The only reason to not provide free SSL is if you're trying to force people to upgrade to a paid plan.

HelioHost's main purpose is to provide free hosting to as many students, the underprivileged, small businesses, and everyone else that can't afford paid hosting. We try to be as honest about everything as we can be, and we definitely don't play any tricks to try to force you to upgrade.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ojplanet said:

Pls start installing plesk, the earlier the better..  now that you are starting from scratch i hope you will have wordpress in mind without too much error... i had to move to awardspace to design my wordpress site, the free host work fluently without error 500 and its very fast, the down side is no ssl...

i believe Heliohost can do better 

Wow, privileged much for just a free user huh?

1 hour ago, robertzo said:

Comments?

You can do comments on a static CMS using javascript.

9 hours ago, ojplanet said:

What about Joomla? Publii is static not dynamic.... if joomla is good with HH

Yeah, Joomla is better than Wordpress. A lot of people find the admin section not as user friendly, but I don't think I've ever seen someone get suspended for high Joomla load.

On 7/22/2021 at 11:27 PM, ojplanet said:

What about Joomla? Publii is static not dynamic.... if joomla is good with HH, i want to dedicate my time in learning much about it.. 

I use joomla untill now I never get suspended because high load...

Thank you, I already download it, I hope plesk panel build is done as soon.... 🙏

Thanks for the backup. I hope that soon Heliohost.org and the Cpanel will all be fixed. I do think and believe that i'm with you since the beginning.

I just hope being on Tommy, user name: favrons

that my account will still be kept alive? What i mean by that is that because i cant access to the login of Heliohost, indicating to the system to keep alive my account; and not take it out with all my website and content. Also afraid to loose my url: https://sylvain.heliohost.org ?

I'm pretty sure that many users have the same questions, because not logging afraid to loose there account, afraid to loose there content; and afraid to loose there heliohost domain name also.

Thank's for your time and help. A+

2 hours ago, sylvain said:

I just hope being on Tommy, user name: favrons

that my account will still be kept alive? What i mean by that is that because i cant access to the login of Heliohost, indicating to the system to keep alive my account; and not take it out with all my website and content.

When we rebuild the server with Plesk we will attempt to restore all the cPanel accounts onto the new control panel. We've never done it before, but all files and databases, and emails and everything should be transferred over automatically. If anything is missing you can extract it from the full backup and set it back up.

2 hours ago, sylvain said:

Also afraid to loose my url: https://sylvain.heliohost.org ?

I'm pretty sure that many users have the same questions, because not logging afraid to loose there account, afraid to loose there content; and afraid to loose there heliohost domain name also.

You won't lose your domain.