Tommy Migration Beginning Soon

HelioHost

We're getting closer to having Tommy ready to begin transferring accounts over. In order to help test the new Plesk server we will be gradually rolling out account transfers through a Tommy beta test. We have made a list of donors from the last year, and those who have donated the most will be getting first access to the new control panel. Things are a little rough around the edges right now, and not all the features that we will eventually offer are ready to go yet though.

Tomcat hasn't been installed yet, but we hope to offer Java/JSP service on Tommy again soon. Node.js is already available, as well as PHP 8.0, 7.4, 7.3, 7.2, 7.1, 7.0, 5.6, 5.5, and 5.4. We're really excited to offer the latest PostgreSQL version 13.3 which is a huge improvement over the PostgreSQL 9.2 that cPanel provided. We also have MariaDB 10.6 installed which is a huge upgrade from MySQL 5.7 that cPanel provides. If you're not familiar with MariaDB it's basically what MySQL should have become. The founder of MySQL started the MariaDB open source project when Oracle, a for-profit company, took over control of MySQL.

We don't have the DNS situation set up quite yet, as it's going to require a lot of custom code. That means that Tommy users won't be able to add new domains themselves or edit DNS records. That will be fixed eventually. There may also be a lot of other issues that we haven't even discovered yet, and that's why we need brave donors to help test things out for us.

If you have any questions about what is available let us know. If you're a donor and don't want to help test the new server quite yet you can opt out by letting us know and we'll transfer you over when things are a little more ironed out. If you're not a donor and you want early access to the Tommy server it's not too late to become a donor either. When your account is transferred you will receive an email explaining how to log in. We're hoping to begin transferring the first accounts in the next week or so. We're just announcing the beginning of the transfer early so people can opt out of the beta test if they want to.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Dear HelioHost team,

First of all, please accept my sincere thanks for the efforts your are doing to make HelioHost work under Plesk panel !

I am a recent donor and I am very eager to help you with beta testing !

Please let me know here publicly or to my email privately  of the exact list of services currently offered and not offered, 
so that I should be ready with beta testing.

7 hours ago, quataofr2 said:

Does Node.js on Plesk support WebSocket?

Plesk uses Passenger just the same as cPanel, so probably not.

10 hours ago, nikpapws said:

Please let me know here publicly or to my email privately  of the exact list of services currently offered and not offered, 
so that I should be ready with beta testing.

What do you need?

3 hours ago, trenten said:

I would love to test the new Plesk interface out. Will we get an email if we are selected for testing?

Yes, you will get an email explaining how to login to the new panel.

Good news.

You guys are working hard to let users obtain the best experience from HelioHost.

I hope that Johnny get the best experience better than CPanel suspensions.

Thanks a lot🏆

I have been a donor, but i think it was last year or even before that. So i understand peoples that is recent donors and peoples that have donated big. I just hope that i'll have the same domain name: https://sylvain.heliohost.org ? I'm on Tommy also. Hope that the webspace hosting i have will be the same when transfered on Plesk? Brief the many options of the cpanel, but with Plesk? Thank's for keeping my free personnal website online, some friends of mine have suggested to me other free stuff; but i must change fiew things as links that are not good anymore because too old. But i dont do nothing for now, because of the changes from cpanel to plesk. Just gonna check when i'll have the time. Thank's for all, your great! A+

4 hours ago, sylvain said:

I just hope that i'll have the same domain name: https://sylvain.heliohost.org ?

Yes, you'll be able to use that domain with Plesk.

4 hours ago, sylvain said:

Hope that the webspace hosting i have will be the same when transfered on Plesk?

Yes, you will still have the same storage space available on Plesk.

14 hours ago, Krydos said:

What do you need?

"If you have any questions about what is available let us know."

I just followed the prompt by the moderators above !

In case you consider that I should just wait and test the "Plesk beta" myself without any prior notice of what service
is available or not, then it is OK and I am just waiting the login email. 

Well, most people have a list of things they need like PHP 7.3+ and Mysql for instance. Or someone else might need Node.js and PostgreSQL. I think it's simpler for people to ask "Is this feature available?" than for me spend an hour trying to think of every little thing that the server is capable of providing, and then probably forgetting a few anyways. Furthermore, if you need a feature that isn't available yet letting us know that you need it is a great way to get it prioritized to be available sooner.

7 minutes ago, Krydos said:

Well, most people have a list of things they need like PHP 7.3+ and Mysql for instance. Or someone else might need Node.js and PostgreSQL. I think it's simpler for people to ask "Is this feature available?" than for me spend an hour trying to think of every little thing that the server is capable of providing, and then probably forgetting a few anyways. Furthermore, if you need a feature that isn't available yet letting us know that you need it is a great way to get it prioritized to be available sooner.

Many thanks for your clarification !

I think that my short-term needs are satisfied with PHP 7.3+ and lastest PostgreSQL, MySQL and MariaDB databases.

Since I am considering installing Chamilo LMS 2.0 when it becomes available (now scheduled mid-November), do you think the following
requirements will be met by then?

• composer 2.x
  • yarn 2.x
  • Node >= v14
  • Configuring a virtualhost in a domain, not in a sub folder inside a domain.
  • A working LAMP/WAMP server with PHP 8.0+

40 minutes ago, nikpapws said:

PHP 7.3+ and lastest PostgreSQL, MySQL and MariaDB databases

PHP 7.3 is available. PostgreSQL 13.3 is available. MariaDB 10.6 is available. MySQL is not avaialble.

41 minutes ago, nikpapws said:

composer 2.x

Plesk says it has Composer built in. I haven't tried it yet though so that would be a great thing for you to test. Composer is never really a requirement anyways because you can always run it on your home PC and then just upload the vendor directory. It doesn't have to be run on the server.

42 minutes ago, nikpapws said:

yarn 2.x

I don't think this is available, but once again it's just a package manager so you can run the command on your home pc and upload the node_modules directory.

44 minutes ago, nikpapws said:

Node >= v14

You can choose between Node 12, 10, or 8. Node 14 is not currently available.

44 minutes ago, nikpapws said:

A working LAMP/WAMP server with PHP 8.0+

PHP 8.0 is available.

8 hours ago, Krydos said:

PHP 7.3 is available. PostgreSQL 13.3 is available. MariaDB 10.6 is available. MySQL is not avaialble.

Plesk says it has Composer built in. I haven't tried it yet though so that would be a great thing for you to test. Composer is never really a requirement anyways because you can always run it on your home PC and then just upload the vendor directory. It doesn't have to be run on the server.

I don't think this is available, but once again it's just a package manager so you can run the command on your home pc and upload the node_modules directory.

You can choose between Node 12, 10, or 8. Node 14 is not currently available.

PHP 8.0 is available.

OK !

I am ready for it !

Waiting for the login email ....