Plesk Beta Invites

HelioHost

The first of the Tommy beta test invitation emails have been sent. The invites are being sent to our top donors on the Tommy server whose accounts have properties we want to test with the transfer script. Once all aspects of the transfer script are fully tested we will proceed to transfer all of the accounts. Please check your email in case you have been selected for the beta test.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Oooooo boy🤩

Way to go, Admins😉

But is Johnny server maintenance time longer than Tommy?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Sffreesy said:

But is Johnny server maintenance time longer than Tommy?

So far, Krydos has built a unique function with Plesk work using Tommy. That seems to have prolonged Plesk work time.
Work on Ricky and Johnny doesn't have it and he also experienced this procedure. This can be expected to be obviously shorter.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, balloons said:

So far, Krydos has built a unique function with Plesk work using Tommy. That seems to have prolonged Plesk work time.
Work on Ricky and Johnny doesn't have it and he also experienced this procedure. This can be expected to be obviously shorter.

Good

And yes, It's obvious, As Krydos and other admins worked hard in Tommy, They should finish it faster, We hope that so.

Again, way to go, Admins.

Best of luck.

Edited by Sffreesy
Sorry, It's Grammer y'know

Yes, Ricky and Johnny should take significantly less time because the same process and scripts that we developed with Tommy can be copied to the other servers rather than having to rewrite them from scratch again.

• Thanks 3

I think I am bit lost here. Is paying for Heliohost VPS same as the donation that some us of did to get into Ricky or Tommy server and also increased in storage?

Because I have seen many users who are on vps clamoring to be given the chance to test plesk beta. What about some of the  users on Ricky or Tommy who are not on vps but are amongst highest donor?

Why would someone on vps want to be downgraded because he want to test plesk beta?

Sorry if my question is irrelevant, I am just curious and confused.

1 hour ago, Seekier said:

Why would someone on vps want to be downgraded because he want to test plesk beta?

We have a substantial number of shared hosting users who are donors but bought a VPS due to the server not working, so there's a decent overlap between "large shared host donor" and "VPS user" at the moment. Many of those will likely go back to shared hosting when it's available again, both because of the cost and because a VPS involves a good amount of work to configure and maintain.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Seekier said:

Yes, to add to what Wolstech already said, a lot of our VPS users that signed up since cPanel revoked our licenses did so as a temporary measure to keep their websites online while Plesk was being installed. Like Wolstech said some of them will likely switch back to shared hosting once it's available.

I should also add that no one is being downgraded without their permission. If they're happy with their VPS service they can of course continue using it. Some people choose to have a shared hosting account in addition to their VPS as well which is fine too.

• Thanks 2

On 8/24/2021 at 11:22 PM, Krydos said:

I should also add that no one is being downgraded without their permission. If they're happy with their VPS service they can of course continue using it. Some people choose to have a shared hosting account in addition to their VPS as well which is fine too.

Perhaps I will continue to use both VPS and shared server. VPS can operate the web in a relatively stable state. 
On the other hand, mail servers are difficult to set up and prevent junk mail, so I will leave this to the shared server.
It also provides HelioNetworks with ongoing donations, supports continued HelioHost service and ensures that my account is maintained.
(As long as you continue to donate, your account will not be suspended)

This is just an example. Once the Plesk work has settled down, there are more options for shared servers.
You may consider that new shared server instead of a VPS. If you can donate, consider the ideal method for a few months.

Great work guys, thank you for keeping heliohost up and running. My letsencrypt.org 90 day certificate expired expired 7 days ago, will I be able to use plesk to update it like I did with cpanel ? I am on tommy with firemachine.nl.eu.org, I would love to have a chance at getting access to Plesk so I can update my security certificate.

The clear answer to this is still too early,
I posted it a few days ago, we have not yet tested free (sub) domains such as EU.org on Plesk.
We still don't know if Plesk will accept free (sub) domains. I will do this test when I get Plesk.

As far as I can see in the Plesk manual,
Plesk supports the issuance of Let’s Encrypt and can update it automatically.
(cPanel issued its own free certificate "AutoSSL", which is one of the specification changes by Plesk)

https://docs.plesk.com/en-US/obsidian/customer-guide/websites-and-domains/securing-connections-with-ssltls-certificates/securing-connections-with-the-ssl-it!-extension.65160/

Free EU.org (sub) domains have been registered in the Public Suffix List.
Therefore, Let's Encrypt treats EU.org (sub) domains in the same way as ICANN paid domains.
EU.org is one of the benefits, as other free subdomains do not have this registration.
(Other free (sub) domains may fail to issue new due to Let’s Encrypt Rate Limits)

The HelioHost VPS should be able to use EU.org without any problems.
In addition, VPS can issue ZeroSSL instead of Let’s Encrypt and automatically update it.
As a result, you have more choices for free (sub) domains.

Free (sub) domains are summarized in this topic. I add Plesk information here.

Keep continuing the great work! I think it should take time before i have an invitation. At leas if the transfer is done smoothly that's fine, glad that i still have https://sylvain.heliohost.org . At leas i'm happy to not have been suspended, i just wait before login and because of plesk. Well you know by writing that i follow when i can, and still want to stay with you. I real like you guys and appreciate you so much! I understand the time it can take for the transfer of my free personal website, also it's normal that recent donors are transfer first.

Once again thank's for all. A+