Johnny Move

HelioHost

The data center visit and hard drive install went great on Monday. Ashoat was at the data center working on the servers for almost 12 hours so everyone give him a big round of applause. Now that the new hard drives are installed and tested we will be moving Johnny to the new drive later today. This means Johnny will be down, likely for several hours, and most of the VPS will experience slower speeds due to the hard drive running at 100% speed copying Johnny over. After Johnny is fully moved and booted back up the newly separated VPS and Johnny should both be quite a bit faster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8

Still trying to work all the bugs out of the transfer script. Plesk gives the impression that their transfer script will be easy and take care of everything for you, but it barely works. I'm having to rewrite massive portions of it. It will be faster in the long run to get the transfer script working up front than it would be to manually edit five thousand accounts by hand. For instance, it didn't copy the service plan correctly. Even if you got really fast and could manually change the service plan in 45 seconds, spending 45 seconds editing each of the 5000 accounts would be about 62.5 hours of work. If I can spend 30 minutes up front getting the transfer script to work then it saves me 62 hours of work.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2021 at 12:55 AM, Krydos said:

Still trying to work all the bugs out of the transfer script. Plesk gives the impression that their transfer script will be easy and take care of everything for you, but it barely works. I'm having to rewrite massive portions of it. It will be faster in the long run to get the transfer script working up front than it would be to manually edit five thousand accounts by hand. For instance, it didn't copy the service plan correctly. Even if you got really fast and could manually change the service plan in 45 seconds, spending 45 seconds editing each of the 5000 accounts would be about 62.5 hours of work. If I can spend 30 minutes up front getting the transfer script to work then it saves me 62 hours of work.

If any of the work can be completed on a shared basis, please let us know. I am good in scripting and also quick learner.

Modular work (if possible) can be shared and worked upon. Of course, starting from scratch for outsiders, is tedious to organize but sometimes can be beneficial. Decision is all yours Krydos san...

7 hours ago, Krydos said:

Johnny foi transferido para o novo disco rรญgido e tudo correu bem. O VPS nรฃo teve um aumento de velocidade tรฃo grande quanto esperรกvamos, mas hรก definitivamente uma melhora perceptรญvel.

would you now have a scheduled date for them to return?

We haven't been able to create new accounts on any of our servers since July when our cPanel license was revoked.

We're migrating to plesk, but until that's done, we cannot offer any new accounts. There is no ETA for when that will be finished at this time.