[Solved] cPanel SSL certificate expired. Installation of new SSL certificate.

abisheak

Hi Admins,

Sub domain SSL certificate generated by cPanel has expired.

I have renewed it using SSLForFree and have the renewed certs but direction-less in installing it.

Should I wait for my account to be moved to Plesk platform? or can the admins install it by some other means?

4 hours ago, abisheak said:

Sub domain SSL certificate generated by cPanel has expired.

I was just talking about this on Discord.

2021-09-07-19-16-03.jpg

Unfortunately each ".heliohost.org" and ".heliohost.us" subdomain will get this temporarily in the future. Some have already gotten.
(The free SSL certificate (include cPanel AutoSSL) has a 90-day period. AutoSSL certificate will not be renewed because cPanel is dead)
As a result, the relevant your website will be temporarily unavailable for reference with "https:".
(You may still be able to refer to it with "http:". but if you are doing Force SSL on the cPlesk side (not ".htaccess" file), that cannot be solved)

Custom domains also get this, but you should be able to handle this regardless of HelioHost. (For example, temporary move to HelioHost VPS)
The official website "www.heliohost.org" also uses Let's Encrypt. Not affected by this.

4 hours ago, abisheak said:

Should I wait for my account to be moved to Plesk platform? or can the admins install it by some other means?

Especially those who donate and use Tommy server will get Plesk soon. You should wait for it.
(Get Plesk by Tommy (Donor→Free) → Ricky → Johnny in the order of earliest)
In addition, Temporarily root admin is responding to the change of IP address to VPS. But that work can delay Plesk work.

Is there any other way to deal with it? Some people may be able to comment on additional information.
Some cPanel configuration file can be referenced via SFTP, which can be updated. It contains certificate related files.

• Krydos changed the title to [Solved] cPanel SSL certificate expired. Installation of new SSL certificate.
  • Krydos locked this topic