How to open the mysql in Tommy with Cpanel out.

fuzmic

Hi guys

I only know how to use FTP to view the website files.  Thus i don't see the mysql\data files. 

So is there any where to view/edit the tables/records in my mysql when we don't have cpanel's phpadmin.  

Wolstech Bro

I have a phpmyadmin running in the local host, but i have no clue how to get to Tommy .. i think i am missing a few steps here.  Please enlighten.

Oh I see .. Thank you bro.

One more mental block .. what is phpmyadmin look like to be uploaded or better still take me there to get it .. a lesson for me .. Salutations

I am ALMOST THERE i think.  Thus if the index.php is in the public_html/phpMyAdm/setup, browsing peace2u.heliohost.org/phpMyAdm/setup/index.php will open the phpMyAdmin but still not there yet, still need my patient friends to get me across; the familiar cpanel phpMyAdmin interface is not showing.

I set the server to localhost but as the server holds all other database and users, here my question

Do i use the username and password in my configuration.php (not root & no password)

What else is missing to show up my database and tables.  Please help.

almostThere.jpg

almostThere2.jpg

Edited by fuzmic
higher in the ladder

The auth section of the PMA config.inc.php on lily looks like this, and it should work on Tommy too since the server is localhost there as well. There is no username or password line at all. Change the blowfish secret line to 32 random characters.

/**
 * This is needed for cookie based authentication to encrypt password in
 * cookie. Needs to be 32 chars long.
 */
$cfg['blowfish_secret'] = '12345678901234567890123456789012'; /* YOU MUST FILL IN THIS FOR COOKIE AUTH! */

/**
 * Servers configuration
 */
$i = 0;

/**
 * First server
 */
$i++;
/* Authentication type */
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'cookie';
/* Server parameters */
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = 'localhost';