VPS access blocked...

allu62

Hi. Some days ago, when I tried to access Hestia Control Panel on my VPS, access to the site was blocked by Malwarebytes BrowserGuard; message: Website blocked due to reputation. I wonder what the reason for this could be. My website, hosted on the VPS works fine, myvps.heliohost.us has no webpage on port 80, only Hestia on 8083, with password login of course. Thus, how Malwarebytes can find something suspicious on this web address? In fact, no real issue, but interested in understanding how these things can happen...

Otherwise, my VPS runs rather perfectly. But, there is still the wish to return to Tommy... Has someone an idea, when Tommy with Plesk will be fully available?

I saw this last night as well on another subdomain, it's the parent domain heliohost.us that's being flagged by MBAM (flagging the parent also flags all of the subdomains, which makes sense because in most cases the content would all be controlled by one company/person, though it's not the case here...). It happens on occasion since users often host scams, phishing, malware, and related content here. All you need is some random user getting hacked and a phishing page going up...and all of a sudden our entire domain gets blocked.

Easiest fix is to use your own domain with our service.

Also, it's for similar reasons that people often have issues with the email on our shared hosting (when it worked...). Someone sends spam and the whole server gets blocked (though the fix for spam blocks is a dedicated IP instead of a different domain, since mail blacklists are IP based, not domain based).

Just now, wolstech said:

It happens on occasion since users often host scams, phishing, malware, and related content here

I guess it's not as easy to find out, who these users are. I personnally think, that they should be banned from HelioHost servers. Using this great website hosting service for hosting code, that harms others, is extremely mean and unrespectful.

Concerning the come back of Tommy, no guess? Before the end of the year? Beginning 2022?

They will get banned when they get reported.

Back when cPanel worked, phishing and malware was typically very easily spotted and banned within hours of being uploaded (we had developed custom anti-phishing software that caught the vast majority of these within hours) but that hasn't really been working since cPanel died, so for now we have to rely on abuse reports.