[Solved] Email Piping not working anymore

damnu

Hi there

Until very recently, piping email to a Perl script was still working. A couple of days ago it stopped working.

I am not quite sure if plesk supports email piping...

Can you tell me why the piping is not working anymore and potentially how it could be switched on again?

We didn't even know it was working...I know mine stopped working for me back in July when the licenses were revoked, I had assumed it did that for everyone. I'll pass this to Krydos, but since we cannot access the email server any longer I suspect we won't be able to fix this.

Also, as of the latest article I can find (which is ancient in internet time...2017), Plesk does not support this feature, though there's tons of workarounds and third party tools (which need root access, so not really viable) that achieve the goal. Unless Plesk has added this in the past 4 years, I think a VPS may end up being required for this going forward. https://heliohost.org/vps/ (there may be a wait list, not sure at the moment).

Nothing that I know of has changed during that time frame. Without any error messages or any way to test it myself all I can do is just try things randomly I guess to see if it starts working again. I restarted exim. Does it work now?

Thanks for taking a look at it.

Unfortunately, nothing changed: piping is not working (anymore) but due to the exim gestart, I get the following email sent back:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

pipe to |/home/XXX/mail/XXX.pl

generated by XXXX@XXXX.heliohost.org

local delivery failed

I found this in the log

2021-11-03 07:45:58 1miAy2-000CCQ-2y H=mout.gmx.net [212.227.17.21]:53217 Warning: "SpamAssassin as XXX detected message as NOT spam (0.0)"
2021-11-03 07:45:58 1miAy2-000CCQ-2y <= XXX@gmx.de H=mout.gmx.net [212.227.17.21]:53217 P=esmtps X=TLS1.2:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:256 CV=no S=4388 id=034301d7d086$ba410f60$2ec32e20$@gmx.de T="PushMail  H H 1 M\374nster" for XXX@XXX.heliohost.org
2021-11-03 07:46:07 dovecot_plain authenticator failed for (localhost.localdomain) [65.19.143.6]:40748: 535 Incorrect authentication data (set_id=XXX@XXX.heliohost.org)
2021-11-03 07:46:07 1miAy2-000CCQ-2y ** |/home/XXX/mail/helio_test.pl <XXX@XXX.heliohost.org> R=central_filter T=jailed_virtual_address_pipe: Child process of jailed_virtual_address_pipe transport returned 255 (could mean shell command ended by signal 127 (Unknown signal 127)) from command: /usr/local/cpanel/bin/jailexec

Are you sure you have the correct password? It says "incorrect authentication data".

Yes, I read this comment several times in other posts and I never used cPanel's FTP but for me, ever since the issues with cPanel came along, SFTP stopped working.

Server: ftp.damnu.heliohost.org
username and password never changed...

Should I use an IP address instead of the server name?

9 hours ago, damnu said:

Yes, I read this comment several times in other posts and I never used cPanel's FTP but for me, ever since the issues with cPanel came along, SFTP stopped working.

Server: ftp.damnu.heliohost.org
username and password never changed...

Should I use an IP address instead of the server name?

Use tommy.heliohost.org as the server

The settings you gave me enabled me to access the server! Thanks!

I debugged the script and did not find an error.
Piping incoming emails to the script works fine but sending emails through tommy generates the "incorrect authentication data" error.
Since it worked before can I assue this malfunctioning is due to changes on your side? No finger pointing. I just want to know whether it makes sense for me to investigate further...

• Krydos changed the title to [Solved] Email Piping not working anymore
  • Krydos locked this topic