Site disappeared

webbie

Hello,

My site (www.webbie.be) has disappeared.

It has been inactive last monday (9-14). But I logged in to cPanel right away, so it was back up.

Now I can't even log in to cPanel or FTP and I get a 404-error at www.webbie.be.

I tried password reset, but I received no mail.

Can you look in to it?

Thx,

Webbie

i d say someone looks to have hijacked ur domain - looks like u may have to take it up with www.dns.be ...probly whats happened is Helio might have marked ur account as inactive mistake or not by u not logging into cpanel for a while and dns.be probly notesing or by a timeout period have released ur domain open to be registered by someone else

Well, that's the problem: it's not my root directory...

The domain name 'webbie.be' isn't even pointing to heliohost. Check here. If that's your domain name then you need to change the nameservers to point to heliohost.

ns1.heliohost.org

ns2.heliohost.org

The russian wiki is exactly the same as http://krotik.heliohost.org/... could this be hackers??

NO, this could be his dns settings screwed up at his domain name provider. His domain isn't even pointing to heliohost. Evidently he has something like the ips of the nameservers but not the nameservers themselve. If you go to is domain without the www you get his domain name provider.

http://webbie.be

Check my previous post to see the nameservers.

I use my own dns-server, which gives me full control of all the settings.

I have a fixed IP at heliohost and it worked before yesterday.

So if the fixed IP changed (why a fixed IP then), the site would indeed be unavailable.

But I can't query the Heliohost nameservers for www.webbie.be (see code below)

And I still can't login to cPanel ("Login Attempt Failed!") and I don't receive the mails from the password reset...

It's like my account was removed completely.

$ nslookup
> server ns1.heliohost.org
Default server: ns1.heliohost.org
Address: 65.19.143.4#53
> www.webbie.be
Server:		ns1.heliohost.org
Address:	65.19.143.4#53

Non-authoritative answer:
*** Can't find www.webbie.be: No answer

I have a fixed IP at heliohost and it worked before yesterday.

So if the fixed IP changed (why a fixed IP then), the site would indeed be unavailable.

But I can't query the Heliohost nameservers for www.webbie.be (see code below)

www is NOT part of your domain name.

And I still can't login to cPanel ("Login Attempt Failed!") and I don't receive the mails from the password reset...

It's like my account was removed completely.

If your going to your cPanel via www.webbie.be than your not going to be able to login in until you set the nameserver for:

webbie.be

to heliohost's nameservers. Right now your domain (webbie.be) is pointing to:

ns1.netsoftserver5.be

ns2.netsoftserver5.be

$ nslookup
> server ns1.heliohost.org
Default server: ns1.heliohost.org
Address: 65.19.143.4#53
> www.webbie.be
Server:         ns1.heliohost.org
Address:        65.19.143.4#53

Non-authoritative answer:
*** Can't find www.webbie.be: No answer

That's because www. is not part of a domain name. Try doing a nameserver lookup without the www.

Well, the lookup should give an A-record (the IP-address) for www. I made it a subdomain in cPanel.

A dns lookup on ns1.heliohost.org with just "webbie.be" doesn't work either...

I tried to login through the loginscreen on the bottom of http://www.heliohost.org/home/. That's where I tried the "Reset Password" too (still no mails, not even in spam).

I could login here before. (I think one can login to cPanel on any site that is hosted on the server, can't try it now though)

Well, the lookup should give an A-record (the IP-address) for www. I made it a subdomain in cPanel.

Not until you set the correct nameservers for your main domain name.

A dns lookup on ns1.heliohost.org with just "webbie.be" doesn't work either...

These are your name servers for webbie.be as of the time of this post.

ns1.netsoftserver5.be

ns2.netsoftserver5.be

http://byrondallas.heliohost.org/php/tools...omain=webbie.be

Until you correct the nameservers your not going to be able to access your site through webbie.be or www.webbie.be.

I tried to login through the loginscreen on the bottom of http://www.heliohost.org/home/. That's where I tried the "Reset Password" too (still no mails, not even in spam).

I could login here before. (I think one can login to cPanel on any site that is hosted on the server, can't try it now though)

I think we are having some minor problems with the server right now. It should be corrected soon.

how do you do that... I have a old 2000 server, could I use this as a DNS server and how? (Sorry about the off topic question and that)