robertzo

Yes, the purpose of Morty is to auto scale to the users resource usage. Not exactly sure about the numbers, since it hasn't even been made yet, but i think it will start at $1 a month and scale up to $3.99, with $4 being a vps that your account gets moved to instead of being on Morty. Failing a payment would mean getting moved back to tommy automatically.

Again, Morty hasn't even been created so these are just the plans we have. Nothing is concrete yet.

1 hour ago, robertzo said:

Thanks that is exactly what I want. BTW when you say it will upgrade to a vps, does that mean the cPanel account would be deleted and everything would be unmanaged?

If I recall correctly, you will have cpanel installed, but you will be paying for the license. So, correct me if im wrong, but like $5 - $6 a month for it. 

On 11/7/2021 at 11:39 PM, Jenova said:

If I recall correctly, you will have cpanel installed, but you will be paying for the license. So, correct me if im wrong, but like $5 - $6 a month for it. 

I was under the impression the opposite was true, especially since it's my understanding this is supposed to be automated. It'd be difficult to achieve full automation if the user has to set up software and buy a license, which could then disappear if usage decreases and the account goes back to the shared server.

What I don't know is if there's any UI at all for an account that has VPS'd out of Morty. If the account moves itself to a VPS, will a Plesk extension appear that allows for controlling the VPS it moved to? Will the system just send an email to the user saying they've been moved to a VPS and here's credentials for it? I think a lot of this is unanswered for the moment...

1 hour ago, wolstech said:

I was under the impression the opposite was true, especially since it's my understanding this is supposed to be automated. It'd be difficult to achieve full automation if the user has to set up software and buy a license, which could then disappear if usage decreases and the account goes back to the shared server.

What I don't know is if there's any UI at all for an account that has VPS'd out of Morty. If the account moves itself to a VPS, will a Plesk extension appear that allows for controlling the VPS it moved to? Will the system just send an email to the user saying they've been moved to a VPS and here's credentials for it? I think a lot of this is unanswered for the moment...

You're correct. This was just the original idea. Nothing is set in stone. TBH, i dont even know if the whole VPS thing will actually be automated or if Krydos or Yash will have to do it manually.