suspended

BKunkle

I received an email this morning saying, in part:

Your hosting account at HelioHost has been suspended. This either due to a period of account inactivity or missed renewal date.

When following the link in the email, it took me to a page that said my account was not suspended. My website is still active.

Did I fail to do something I ought to have done? What was it? Or was this a mistake?

Am I, in fact, suspended?

• 2 months later...

Hi

We registered to HelioHost about two months ago. Our domain is wemag.heliohost.org.

About three days ago I visited our site, and instead of the content, came up a page saying that the account has been suspended. It didn't say why or when. Moreover, we did not receive any warning email, despite the fact that I turned on the option of receiving an email in case we reach the space/bandwidth limit. I tried to login to the cPanel, but it didn't work (no error message. It simply didn't).

I don't recall we did anything against the rules, so I don't know why our account was suspended. It's also weird that we didn't receive any notice.

Did we misuse our account somehow? Or perhaps it's a system error?

Thanks,

Itamar Bledsoe

webmaster of the Wemag team

• 4 weeks later...

That solved the problem.

However, several days later the site seemed to have went down.

When trying to access the site, I get a DNS error, as if the site doesn't exist at all. I tried both wemag.heliohost.org and www.wemag.heliohost.org.

I didn't post here immediately because I thought it was a temporary down time.

But the site is still down, and I suspect that our account has been deleted (for whatever reason). If so, is it possible to open a new account with the same domain?

If not, what is the problem and how can we fix it?

Thanks

Itamar Bledsoe

webmaster of the Wemag team

I'm not seeing wemag.heliohost.org in our database so go ahead and try to re-create it.

I had just now signed up for this place. My previous web hosting went down and has been down. So I guess this place is like the X10hosting site huh? You are stuck having to register for a form only to have your account or site disappear later on just because you didn't log in. Hmm. well, I have a question: is this place worth it? I have been searching all day for a decent hosting service that supports what I need as is free. So I guess some insight on this place runs would be useful.

I'm not seeing wemag.heliohost.org in our database so go ahead and try to re-create it.

I had just now signed up for this place. My previous web hosting went down and has been down. So I guess this place is like the X10hosting site huh? You are stuck having to register for a form only to have your account or site disappear later on just because you didn't log in. Hmm. well, I have a question: is this place worth it? I have been searching all day for a decent hosting service that supports what I need as is free. So I guess some insight on this place runs would be useful.

Don't whine about free hosting. We're not asking for the deed to your house and your first-born. We've got tens of thousands of accounts running all at once, with only so much space and resources available, so of course we want to weed out the inactive ones. We're an operation run by volunteers who spend their personal time doing support and server maintenance. The funds needed to run the hosting server come out of djbob's pocket and whatever ad revenue we can scrape together. We are not doing this for profit. So forgive me if I get ticked off at your attitude, considering you're not entitled to anything because you're not paying for anything and complaining about it.

To answer your question, it's whatever you make it out to be. I've had to present projects that were hosted here before. Sometimes the server had crashed and I had to scramble for a backup. I didn't gripe and moan because it states clearly in the ToS that it's your responsibility to backup your data. So yeah, YMMV, but that's the case with all "free" things.

TL;DR: It's almost a free lunch. Be happy. :)

• Like 2

[

It isn't normally like this. There is just some problem with cpanel's databases, djbob and his team are working hard with cpanel to resolve the issue. I'd just bear with them and hope...

@ Weird Man Games, I see your site ok. You may need to refresh your browser or clean out your cache