Waiting Plesk

nmbayu

There's no estimate on this at the moment. Even I'm getting zero information on what's happening. This process is extremely involved, but I feel it could be more transparent than it is.

There was a build log in the mod forum for a while that I could see (these usually reflect the ongoing build process pretty well as K works through things), but other than an odd post here and there, very little has been posted to it over the past few months. I know K is around because he turns up on here from time to time, but I'm not sure where he stands on the work at the moment.

I'm assuming he's still stuck on the script issue (last I heard there were issues with the migration script Plesk provided being effectively useless). The migration script sounded promising on the surface, but once we realized the script did not work as advertised and would not be an easy fix, "abandon the migration idea, get the server and custom integrations working, and invite everyone again" would've likely been my course of action if it were my decision.

Edited by wolstech
Clarify
  • Like 1

Could an ADMIN send me an ftp access for my website? I haven't configured one with root access (for security reasons - i guess).

And as I don't have a CMS the only way to adjust stuff was the ControllPanel or ftp(which i haven't activated).

Or is there another way to access the files?

49 minutes ago, skullys said:

Any Tech / Coding Support From Plesk Or Is Krydos Basically Flying Solo?

Flying solo as far as I'm aware. We asked about a backup importer to simplify this whole process and they basically said "no, and we're not making one". I'm not sure if he asked, but imagine the response would be similar for fixing the woefully incomplete live site import script as well ("If it doesn't work, it's on you...provided as-is for convenience only").

Having played with a few demos of Plesk, I honestly am not impressed with it. cPanel is lightyears ahead feature-wise and also a lot easier to set up and maintain, which I guess is also why cP thought demanding money would work. There really is no comparable product.

32 minutes ago, 7eter said:

Could an ADMIN send me an ftp access for my website? I haven't configured one with root access (for security reasons - i guess).

And as I don't have a CMS the only way to adjust stuff was the ControllPanel or ftp(which i haven't activated).

Or is there another way to access the files?

All of the old cPanel accounts support SFTP that can access all files in your account. No configuration needed.

Use the SFTP config found here for your server: https://wiki.helionet.org/management/uploading-files#ftp-sftp

Keep the good work guys, i'm still with you. A+