Plesk ETA

HelioHost

• 3 weeks later...

I've been periodically checking but haven't seen any updates in a while. Are accounts still being migrated to Plesk? I know this effort is extremely challenging, and so thankful for those volunteering, but just wondering how it's going.  Thanks again for all the support.

Personal medical issues plus my dad nearly dying in a car crash have delayed the process a bit. I'm still working on it though. Both my dad and I are doing fine, but dealing with all this is taking up most of my free time right now. I hope to have more free time when my dad can drive himself around in a week or so, and isn't on so many pain medications, and doesn't need to see so many doctors, etc. Thanks for checking in, and not giving up.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Krydos said:

Personal medical issues plus my dad nearly dying in a car crash have delayed the process a bit. I'm still working on it though. Both my dad and I are doing fine, but dealing with all this is taking up most of my free time right now. I hope to have more free time when my dad can drive himself around in a week or so, and isn't on so many pain medications, and doesn't need to see so many doctors, etc. Thanks for checking in, and not giving up.

sorry about that, please pay attention to your father first, I don't mind...

• Like 1

Krydos i hope that your family and you are all right? There might be peoples that dont understand why it take so long. It's normal, you have your ways of life also. Me also i have my ways of life. Also that soon i should have an ECG (electro-cardio-gramme) to see if my heart is strong enough for an operation that i should have at the hospital, this beside that they will take some blood samples to see my health state for the operation.

I know that you guys are doing what you can. I'm still with you as you can notice, this just by writing you. Thank's for keeping my url of my website for my self and the peoples that go to my free personnal website. I appreciate very much you know!?

I still try to figure out by sftp, how to see simply if peoples write me text (where to go) and how to read messages if there is for me?

Also like i say sometimes "joking". It's important to be nice to every ones. Specially if one day you #Krydos or other win very big money at the lottery. We are good friends Krydos you and i!? Lolll. Cheers!

Thank's for all of you!

sylvain.heliohost.org

A+

Krydos: I am so sorry to hear about the accident and medical issues and absolutely your health and family come first. I do hope all involved make a speedy and complete recovery and very much appreciate all you and the Heliohost support staff do for us users.Thank you again and thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

On 3/5/2022 at 4:21 AM, Krydos said:

So sorry to hear about the accident. Sincere prayers for full recovery at the earliest and return to normalcy for both your father and yourself. Work and service are part of life and not life on the whole. Please spend time in taking care of your father and also in your recovery. Please do not strain too much.

Prayers and wishes for speedy recovery.

Abi

On 3/4/2022 at 10:21 PM, Krydos said:

Sorry to hear about the problems you and your dad are experiencing.  When you get back to working on heliohost, please don't hesitate to call on those of us who have offered to help out, if there is anything that we can do to make things easier for you and the staff.

On the positive side, serious medical issues can sometimes be an opportunity to gain new perspectives on life.  I was hospitalized last summer for about 10 days with neurological issues.  Seeing some of the other patients in the hospital neuro-unit made me realize how lucky I am to just be dealing with vision and balance problems (as frustrating as they were/are).  I made a solemn vow to *never* indulge in feeling sorry for myself again, which has been a really positive thing for me.

Regards,
-Jeff

Just 1 (Krydos). He's flying solo on the project. There's too many things we can't help with due to either a lack of knowledge of how it works, or a lack of skills to do the work (e.g. myself, I don't know linux beyond basic administration, I'm a Windows guy, so I'm useless for the development part of this project).

Also, @KrydosSorry to hear about your father and your health. 

On 3/5/2022 at 5:21 AM, Krydos said:

Personal medical issues plus my dad nearly dying in a car crash...

It's these moments where I ask myself who's this perverse, who invented life. Why all misadventures and accidents of all kinds always touch those, who are kind and helpful and gentle with everyone? All best wishes for you and your father, Krydos. And courage for (all alone) continuation with Plesk setup.

It’s not so much lack of him sharing (and a lack of communication isn’t unexpected when there are more pressing issues such as those K is currently dealing with) as it is that none of us have the skill set he does.

For example, If I were tasked with this project, the first step would’ve been “convert servers to Windows” since I know very little about Linux…