Introducing Free Services!

Ashoat

Introducing Free Services! We are now (in 48 hours, to be exact!) going to be offering free services, including free hosting and free domain registration through www.HelioHost.org, a new member of the Helio Networks!

We also are announcing a move to a paid server! Thats means no more downtime (well, 99.9% uptime :D)!

The new free host (HelioHost) will have the following features:

STATISTICS

150MB of space

1,500MB of bandwidth

URL

Domain Hosting

Subdomain Hosting

Unlimited Subdomains on your Domain

UPLOAD METHODS

FTP w/ unlimited accounts

File Manager

ADS

Ad-free service

Your ads allowed

SCRIPTING

CGI

PHP

SSI

Frontpage Extensions

ADDITIONAL DOMAINS

Addon domains are currently unavailable

Unlimited Parked Domains

SERVICES

CPanel

Fantastico

Detailed Statistical Services

Unlimited MySQL Databases

SSL

Custom Error Pages

Raw Logs

EMAIL

Unlimited POP3 w/ Web Access

The hosting will require 25 posts monthly, unless you want a free domain with that. And that will cost 75 posts monthly.

Goals for the near future:

- Install IBStore, so that the system can be more seamlessly integrated

- Install an HTTP Proxy so we can go around evil school firewalls!

All the above will take effect in 12-48 hrs from the date of this post!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've installed an IBStore Before, if you want an arcade with it I could just send you a few files :D I also found all the good games for it and could send you those too :)

btw- what kind of hosting for the 25 monthly posts? Or is that what you described? Cause it sounds like your describing the host your on.

I'll keep it as it is, unless a get a giant ONRUSH of members. which might happen after i submit the site to www.free-webhost.com (i calculated that the site would get first place...)

yup, first 75 posts. i will make that clear in teh signup, which will use a mod called IBStore which shall be installed when i move servers which will be done which i come home :D well, 12-48 hrs after that for DNS Propagation. Teh forums will be shut down for a sec, and after taht, ill put them up again but all posts made will NOT affect anything.

Nonono, i mean, after teh backup, all teh posts made are ineffective. and now i will generate a backup.

THE INEFFECTIVE PERIOD STARTS NOW! ALL POSTS MADE AFTER THIS POINT WILL BE ERASED AFTER THE BOARD IS MOVED! PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND!

Also, we are going to use IBStore (a points system) instead of posts now. much easier to use. its installed on teh new server.

what wee said was actually only primary banner priv. btw, the ineffective period passed off yesterday. everything should be fine now.

if you have a problem with the old home page loading (still redirecting to forums) that means that your computer thinks it knows the URL to IP info. for the URL, but its info. is actually outdated. it has that info saved, so it doesnt check with the DNS server to "redate" it.

to fix this problem delete your temporary internet files.