[Solved] VPS subscription renewal

allu62

Hi. The subscription of my VPS ends in 2 weeks. As Plesk on Tommy seems not be ready for then and considering to continue running my website on the VPS (runs smoothly for 6 months without any problem and the website is faster than it was the last months on Tommy before the C-Panel problem).

1. I suppose that making a new 6-month subscription would make it possible to continue running my VPS without having anything else to do?

2. What happens to old Tommy accounts having a VPS? Is the account and data transfered anyway to Plesk? If Plesk is ready, must I give up the VPS? If the VPS breaks, have I the right to immediately be back online with Tommy? All these questions, because I have to make a decision, how to continue. And even if there weren't any problems so far, I'm scared that something might happen. And if for example Hestia CP breaks down, I couldn't do anything to fix it, simply because I haven't the necessary sysadmin knowledge and coming back to Tommy would be the only thing, I could do, I guess. Concerning possible problems, I just made a post in the "Questions" forum: https://www.helionet.org/index/topic/50101-vps-security/

Happy New Year to the whole HelioHost team!

1. I'll let Krydos or yash answer this one. I'm not sure how that works between the fact you're not using a recurring monthly payment and the fact there was an offer that has since expired (not sure if this applied to you or not).

2. You can have both a VPS and a shared hosting account. They're two separate services. VPSes will not be moved to shared hosting automatically. The VPS will exist as long as you pay for it. The old cPanel Tommy account will transfer to Plesk when it's your turn, and eventually archive if you don't use it. If you ever want the Tommy account after that, just ask for it to be unarchived and start using it again. As for broken VPSes...Krydos and yash can help you out with issues on a VPS if it breaks.

You can use this link if you want to pay for another 6 months for $21.60 (which includes a 10% discount)

https://www.heliohost.org/vps/pay/?code=Vg9WFIP3qfSZtsli

You can also switch to a month to month payment plan for $4 per month if you want to. Let me know if you'd rather do that. If anything goes wrong with your VPS Yash and I can help you fix it. We could even wipe the hard drive and reinstall the OS for you so don't worry about your VPS breaking.

Thanks for the link. If I do not use a recurring monthly payment, that's simply because I haven't a bank account and have to ask someone else to make the payment; and I cannot ask other people to keep some automatically renewed payment open. The payment yesterday ended with a "something went wrong" message. As the payment has been done (PayPal ID is I-MEP0N44X11YV), I suppose that the error happened because you associated the link with my email and the email used to make the payment is the one of the PayPal account owner. Please, confirm me if everything is ok. If you need this other email, please tell me so and I'll mail it to you. Thanks a lot and ready to go for another 6 months with HelioHost. Why? Because, despite the little doubts I got as a result of all these C-Panel/Plesk problems, you are simply the best! 😍

I see the payment in the system and you're good until July now. It's not a problem to make a payment and then immediately cancel it so your friend doesn't automatically get charged again. Let us know if you need help with anything else. Thanks.

• Like 1

• Krydos changed the title to [Solved] VPS subscription renewal
  • Krydos locked this topic