[Solved] Softaculous

Bill

Hi

I see that we still use Fantastico De lux. While using x10Hosting I saw that they used Softaculous. I prefer this over Fantastico for several reasons: it has more scripts (if you pay you get over 100), you can view demo's of all the software before you install them, people can review and rate scripts and lots more. I also think that the interface looks neater and cleaner. Here are some links: Home Page, Pricing, End-User Demo, Compare Page

Thanks

From Bill

Good, Its nice to be back. I had just moved to another school and my website kinda died :lol: so I didn't have much time to go on helionet. I hope djbob likes this idea!

I actually do, but I fear being deranked by free-webhosts.com, which drives most of our visitors. I'll have to contact their owner and ask if replacing Fantastico will derank us. I'll do this next time our Fantastico license is up for renewal.

Ok, that's good. When is the next time you have to renew Fantastico? I'm only asking this because I'm trying to set up a new website. I want to use RoundCube Mail but I am so lame that I can even install it :D

Ok, that's good. When is the next time you have to renew Fantastico? I'm only asking this because I'm trying to set up a new website. I want to use RoundCube Mail but I am so lame that I can even install it :D

You should just be able to choose roundcube at the cPanel but it isn't working at the moment. Maybe djbob can correct this?

Nevermind, I take that back. Roundcube is working. :)

I have yet to hear of a web application that can be installed through an auto-installer and can't be installed manually using FTP. There's a good bit of time under the Fantastico license is up for renewal.

I have yet to hear of a web application that can be installed through an auto-installer and can't be installed manually using FTP.

*COUGH PHPBB COUGH*

Then again, it's fixed now. Could you please post the patched file somewhere? Or is the phpbb community already on it?

Oh, good point. I forgot about that one.

Patch is to open ./includes/functions_install.php and to remove the following code snippet:

'sqlite'                => array(
                        'LABEL'                 => 'SQLite',
                        'SCHEMA'                => 'sqlite',
                        'MODULE'                => 'sqlite',
                        'DELIM'                 => ';',
                        'COMMENTS'              => 'remove_remarks',
                        'DRIVER'                => 'sqlite',
                        'AVAILABLE'             => true,
                        '2.0.x'                 => false,
                ),