SFTP is not connecting using Filezilla

rebloblo

Hi

I want to connect to Johnny to edit files.

But time out many times.

I dont know what the problem is.

My IP is Blocked?

Please help me.

thank you.

Filezilla Logs:

23:17:02    Trace:    CControlSocket::SendNextCommand()
23:17:02    Trace:    CSftpConnectOpData::Send() in state 0
23:17:02    Status:    Connecting to johnny.heliohost.org:1373...
23:17:02    Trace:    Going to execute E:\Dev\FileZilla FTP Client\fzsftp.exe
23:17:02    Response:    fzSftp started, protocol_version=11
23:17:02    Trace:    CSftpConnectOpData::ParseResponse() in state 0
23:17:02    Trace:    CControlSocket::SendNextCommand()
23:17:02    Trace:    CSftpConnectOpData::Send() in state 3
23:17:02    Command:    open "rebyte@johnny.heliohost.org" 1373
23:17:02    Trace:    Looking up host "johnny.heliohost.org" for SSH connection
23:17:02    Trace:    Connecting to 65.19.141.67 port 1373
23:17:02    Trace:    We claim version: SSH-2.0-FileZilla_3.57.0
23:17:23    Trace:    Failed to connect to 65.19.141.67: Network error: Connection timed out
23:17:23    Trace:    Network error: Connection timed out
23:17:23    Trace:    CSftpControlSocket::OnTerminate without error
23:17:23    Trace:    CControlSocket::ResetOperation(66)
23:17:23    Trace:    CSftpConnectOpData::Reset(66) in state 3
23:17:23    Error:    Could not connect to server

Filezilla has done the same to me several times. Your log messages indicate a simple "connection timeout" that can happen occasionally depending on current server load and on Filezilla's settings.

I suggest you increase the connection time limit on the "Connection" tab in Filezilla's settings. You can also try some other time, when server load will be lower.

One point about that: If you use plain FTP, it must actually be plain FTP (the important one is "no encryption" as moneybrz shows in his picture).

If you use the "quick connect" or similar in Filezilla instead of adding the site and setting it up completely, it will default to FTP over explicit TLS, which is not supported.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wolstech said:

If you use the "quick connect" or similar in Filezilla instead of adding the site and setting it up completely, it will default to FTP over explicit TLS, which is not supported.

I think FTP over explicit TLS is supported, atleast on Ricky. When I had trouble with SFTP on Ricky, Kyrdos suggested I use "Use explicit FTP over TLS if available" for encryption to connect.

If available, it is a better option than using unencrypted FTP for security reasons.

It's hit or miss. We don't officially support it, though it often does work now (we figured out why it never did before a while back).

Plain is most compatible though. We have a bunch of users that couldn't use encrypted communications at all.

Most often it's due to restrictions on their network (e.g. work or school with a filter), but in some cases it's an entire country (there are several countries where encryption is banned or requires special approvals and/or configurations to use). We don't provide service to the most notable two countries with such laws (Iran and North Korea), but some others we do serve have similar restrictions as well. We have insecure connections available to support these users.

Hi guys.

Thank you for your suggestion.

The internet line I use is for a personal contract.I used WinSCP, but I couldn't connect using SFTP or FTP. 

Before posting here, only the first connection was actually successful.But It's in its current state after deleting the first entry and recreating a new one in Site Manager.This operation is simply my mistake.

I will wait until the johnny move is complete.

Thank you.