[Solved] Free SSL 9 months finally ran out waiting fo plesk

fuzmic

Hi support

As my topic state I have run out of free SSL as I wait patiently for the new cpanel. What can you guys suggest to drag me out this state.  Help!

• 2 months later...

I assume you're referring to ZeroSSL providing 3 sets of 90 day free certificates, and now they're trying to charge you? You could get a free SSL certificate from Let's Encrypt. This is what I use to make my Let's Encrypt certificates on Windows https://github.com/do-know/Crypt-LE/releases I believe Comodo offers free 90 day certificates too. I haven't used them though.

Thanks Krydos.  I did superficially tinker with 'Let's encrypt' but I encountered a steep learning curve.  I will  give it a serious crack using your link. Cheers.

Download the le64.exe file from the link I posted, and then run it through the command prompt with something like this, but change the values to match your domain.

le64.exe -email "krydos@example.com" -key account.key -csr krydos.csr -csr-key krydos.key -crt krydos.crt -domains "krydos.heliohost.org" -generate-missing --live

Let us know if you need more help.

KryDos can i put this in doit.cmd and run it from command prompt

le64.exe -email "mygmail@gmail.com" -key account.key -csr peace2u.csr -csr-key peace2u.key -crt peace2u.crt -domains "peace2u.heliohost.org" -generate-missing --live

Is my script right please advise.   What happen when i run it.  What should i do after this screwshot response.  Much appreciate.

letencryt.png

KryDos Sir, there is no folder "acme-challenge" being created in public_html/.well-known.  No email being sent to my specified gmail. If i try to run the script in .cmd, it says that i it is already registered with a given regNo. 

I find 3 files in the folder in my pc running the cmd script:    peace2u.key, peace2u.csr & account.key.  What do i do with these 3 files??   Meanwhile i have put them in folder /0fr in root directory just in case you can use it already.  🤞

Assuming i got i almost right with more help from you, how long this SSL licence.  If it expired what do i do to renew it.    😃

5 hours ago, fuzmic said:

KryDos Sir, there is no folder "acme-challenge" being created in public_html/.well-known. 

The tool runs on your local computer and doesn't talk to the server.

You're supposed to use the data shown to manually create the challenge file on the server. Run it again, then when you get to that step, create a text file with the name listed (make sure to remove the txt extension) containing the value shown. Then, use FTP to create a .well-known folder inside public_html (or if it's something like an addon domain, whatever the docroot is for the domain you're ordering the cert for), then create an acme-challenge folder inside it. Upload the file you made into the acme-challenge folder.

Once the file is uploaded, press enter, it'll validate the challenge and generate a certificate.

The files you listed are just two keys and a CSR (cert signing request). LE did not actually generate and sign a cert since you didn't do the challenge process.

Oh! Wolstech Bro I think I got you .. so I will create the file with a very long name with a long text string in a . well-known/acme- challenge folder then press Enter .. the result after 'When done, press <Enter>" following your advice & prompting

2022/05/18 22:56:44 Domain verification results for 'peace2u.heliohost.org': success.
2022/05/18 22:56:44 You can now delete the '2wsp95Yhylh2O4skLhonaT75A9KryL3lLTxg
_UwxVQA' file.
2022/05/18 22:56:44 Requesting domain certificate.
2022/05/18 22:56:45 Requesting issuer's certificate.
2022/05/18 22:56:45 Saving the full certificate chain to peace2u.crt.
2022/05/18 22:56:45 The job is done, enjoy your certificate!

Anything else to do with the created peace2.crt in my pc meanwhile place in 0fr folder.  How to check is SSL is working, up to this point https://peace2u.heliohost.org not secured.

• Krydos changed the title to [Solved] Free SSL 9 months finally ran out waiting fo plesk
  • Krydos locked this topic