Not able to extract the .tar backup file

cliffm

Dear Admin,

can you please help me with downloading backup file for my account "cliffm".

I have downloaded the .tar.gz file from the website multiple times.

However, when i go to extract the file, only some folders get downloaded and then it gives an error stating that the file is corrupt.

Can you please help.

backup error file.JPG

In case you haven't figured out yet, symbolic links is a user level feature in Linux. However, in windows you either need administrative privilege or need to enable developer mode(in newer Windows 10 builds) to be able to create symbolic links.

For your case since it is a one-time requirement, I suggest running 7zip as administrator and extracting the archive.

Running as admin will solve the errors, but it's worth noting that the folders those links reference are typically either useless cpanel data (that .cpanm folder can be ignored entirely) or alternative names for actual folders that extract normally (e.g. that www symlink points to public_html). The data from the account should be in the output even if you ignore the symlink errors.

The vast majority of users need these (paths may be slightly different since I'm trying to recall this from memory at the moment...):

• /homedir/public_html
  • /mysql (if you use mysql)
  • /pgsql (if you use postgres)
  • /homedir/mail (if you used email)
  • /homedir/logs (if you want the access logs)
  • Custom folders and files added to your home folder.