HelioHost's Resurrection

Krydos

1 hour ago, hdpchat said:

I'd vote for java as well.

Counted.

1 hour ago, hdpchat said:

Also, is email and mailing lists going to be supported on plesk?

Yes to both. You can create as many username@yourdomain.com type email addresses as you want, and mailing lists are supported as well.

5 hours ago, hdpchat said:

I just thought, when registrations are open again, is there going to be a new script for changing the main domain or deleting account created for plesk.

Yes, eventually there will be scripts for both of those. In the beginning though we'll just have an admin change the main domain or delete it for you manually.

I dont know anythings about Flask, Java, Django, python, php, lua, c++, visual basic, etc. So i think i cannot vote.

I dont know many things, but simply create some webpages with some webpage editor. If it's feature that i think would be nice on Plesk, there are things that i would like.

First of course is that i still keep my url http://sylvain.heliohost.org for the peoples that goes to my free personnal website.

What would be good also is to have back a free auto-updating https:// (secure) ssl certificate, i think that many peoples would like to have this feature. What i think would be also good on Plesk is different PHP versions. For different formula, as search formula, contact form with captcha, etc. Of course the possibility to have old and new html versions. Other feature i think is to have like Heliohost (no advertisers as popups or banners) except if the users want to. To keep the Heliohost Server Monitor "grd" if possible. The possibility to create easy a 404 error page.

Good also to have e-mail creation accounts as on cPanel to send and receive messages. This with the possibility to create some email as noreply@XYZaccountHeliohost that the user choose if (can send and not receive email) to a created account. This for making the user on Heliohost can send messages and autoblock and autodestroy all messages received (so no one can send anythings and cannot reply back) because of virus/spams. An other possibility would be nice on Plesk is that the created email account wanted is that "autoblock and autodestroy" messages that have "any" attachement (virus/etc.) so can receive only text messages and no attachements, no images, etc. Can check from a webbrowser the possibility to go check the e-mail messages, to read, to write, to delete (empty bin) without having the need to access the hosting space; like SquirrelMail, RoundUpMail, etc.

Probably also MySql for peoples that have items to sell. Bandwith meters, hosting meters and different stats meters for user that want to collect data. Have the possibility to have also on Plesk like Java and CSS. Some FTP and SFTP would be nice. Maybe also Python would be nice. An other thing that maybe would be nice is maybe Lua on Plesk, because i notice that more and more peoples like Lua script. It's the things i think about, possibly gonna have later ideas for Plesk.

But as told there is many things i dont know, i still wander how will work Plesk; and if it will be easy and simple for beginners as my self.

One thing for sure i like very much the admins, moderators and peoples that helped me trough time. For my personnal free website. It's been more then 10 years i'm with Heliohost, i am still glad to be with you and still want to be with you. Thank's very much for keeping my url and keeping my free personnal website. Yes, i wander how would look Plesk; and if it will be easy?

A+

• Like 1

Krydos, Great to hear Heliohost is emerging from its zombie state and beginning to transfer accounts.... Quick question, Plesk ETA indicates a rate of 1 account per day being moved, is that accurate?

Thanks for your sacrifice, hard work and relentless drive... it was absolutely necessary to get us to this point.

We do in fact appreciate what you have accomplished!

• Like 1

I'm curious now too. I just looked up my account rax2 and it says its already transferred. I can't log into it on tommy2 though, Plesk says the credentials are wrong. "Forgot password" said it sent an email but I didn't get it...

13 hours ago, stewert said:

I would vote for java.

Counted.

6 hours ago, wolstech said:

I'm curious now too. I just looked up my account rax2 and it says its already transferred. I can't log into it on tommy2 though, Plesk says the credentials are wrong. "Forgot password" said it sent an email but I didn't get it...

Originally I was just planning on moving everyone all at once, but now that we're moving some people and letting some people stay on cPanel longer I'm using your account to test the website where you choose whether you move or not.

Hope that everythings gonna be all right for you Krydos. Hope that all things will be ok also for the rest of the peoples.

What i might suggest is for testing on Plesk. That you copy some users account and paste it on Plesk, doing so you could figure out if there are some errors, also do some comparing of cpanel and plesk.

32 minutes ago, sylvain said:

Hope that everythings gonna be all right for you Krydos. Hope that all things will be ok also for the rest of the peoples.

What i might suggest is for testing on Plesk. That you copy some users account and paste it on Plesk, doing so you could figure out if there are some errors, also do some comparing of cpanel and plesk.

53 minutes ago, Krydos said:

Originally I was just planning on moving everyone all at once, but now that we're moving some people and letting some people stay on cPanel longer I'm using your account to test the website where you choose whether you move or not.

12 hours ago, wolstech said:

"Forgot password" said it sent an email but I didn't get it...

It looks like there are some reverse DNS issues for sending emails. Fixing that now.

EDIT:

It looks like I might have to contact Hurricane Electric to fix it.

Edited by Krydos

13 minutes ago, neci said:

I want to continue with the broken cpanel for now. How do I go about it? 

So when the time comes, you will receive an email. When you get said email, there will be a button on the bottom. Press it and you will be taken to a page which asks if you want to move now or not. If you choose not to, you will continue to stay on cpanel. 

Gotcha. All but one app on my Tommy account has been moved to Lily for the time being, so you're free to mess with everything on rax2. The one app still running there gets accessed so little that it being broken for a few weeks would not be an issue.