HelioHost's Resurrection

Krydos

And on a related note:

My mail server is not working. 

At all.

On trying to use my Thunderbird client I get Thunderbird failed to find the settings for your email account after reading and following the steps to add/access it.

What can I do to rectify the situation?

8 hours ago, OmegatronPrime said:

how do I log in?

The second email has a link to the login page.

7 hours ago, OmegatronPrime said:

My mail server is not working. 

7 hours ago, OmegatronPrime said:

I'm also getting a webpage timed out error when trying to access my webmail page...

That's because all of your domains are expired. You need to log in to your freenomm account and register them again and then set the nameservers to ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org. The other option is I can change your main domain to something like groovetunes.heliohost.us so you don't have to worry about freenom at all.

On 4/18/2022 at 4:15 AM, Krydos said:

Happy Easter everyone! If you're not familiar with Christianity the meaning of Easter is to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus after his death by crucifixion. Therefore, I think this is a fitting day to celebrate the resurrection of HelioHost as well.

Last year we were surprised to learn that our cPanel licenses that we've been using for 16 years were revoked and they tried to extort us for over $17,000 which we obviously can't afford because we provide free hosting. We quickly made a new partnership with Plesk instead, and began trying to upgrade our servers to use the new control panel. Clearly there have been a lot of issues since then, and unfortunately the work still isn't fully complete. This process has already taken an unacceptably long time so we've decided that the time is long overdue to start moving accounts to the new control panel.

Since not all of our services are currently available on the new server we will be giving each user a choice whether they want to move now, or continue to stay on the broken cPanel for a while longer. For instance Java, Django, Flask, and some other things aren't available on Plesk yet, but we do plan to add support eventually. If you have questions about what is or is not available feel free to ask on the forums in this news post. You can check your place in line to be moved at https://www.heliohost.org/eta/ or improve your position with a donation if you wish to. If there is a feature that you need on Plesk for your website to function please let us know so we can prioritize the features that the most number of people need.

Part of this decision to start moving accounts is due to Johnny being taken offline. We will be monitoring the load on the new Plesk server, and as long as we have space to fit more websites we will be upgrading existing Johnny and Ricky accounts to Tommy for free for being so patient during this excessively long upgrade process. Once we have all the existing accounts taken care of we will open new registrations as well.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. Thanks for being a HelioHost user.

What about those who won thanksgiving prizes in 2019, did they also get noticed on the position schedule for getting plesk?

kridos.png

3 hours ago, nmbayu said:

What about those who won thanksgiving prizes in 2019, did they also get noticed on the position schedule for getting plesk?

The Plesk ETA and the order you get transferred in is based on donations from 2020-07-14 through today. You will continue to be on Tommy and you will still have double storage after you're moved though.

3 hours ago, OmegatronPrime said:

The only problem I have now is I cannot access Freenom as I forgot my password (?) and my email is tied to my groovetunez.tk account.

Can you think of any way I can resolve my situation?

You would need to contact Freenom support if you can't log in to their website.

19 hours ago, Krydos said:

The Plesk ETA and the order you get transferred in is based on donations from 2020-07-14 through today. You will continue to be on Tommy and you will still have double storage after you're moved though.

You would need to contact Freenom support if you can't log in to their website.

okay thanks for the information....

3 hours ago, OmegatronPrime said:

When should I be able to get my mail server online?

There was a problem with your DNS which was preventing your account from getting SSL automatically which was preventing you from accessing webmail. I fixed the DNS issue and now everything seems to be working. https://webmail.groovetunez.tk/roundcube/index.php?_user=admin%40groovetunez.tk

9 hours ago, OmegatronPrime said:

Can you either provide a fix or let me know what is going on with it?

You have a typo in your .htaccess

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^groovetunez\.ga$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.groovetunez\.ga$
RewriteRule ^/?$ "http\:\/\/groovetunez\,tk\/" [R=301,L]

See how it redirects to a comma instead of a period? I changed that comma and it's working now.

Krydos

Thank you so much for migrating my account to Plesk. I've been checking out various things and so far so good. However there is one thing I'm totally stumped on. I went into the Plesk Database section and I see you ported over my Postgresql database. It correctly shows there are 3 tables and the size looks about right. Furthermore when I run my PHP scripts that access the database via a pre-defined Postgresql userid, all seems to be working fine.

But I can't figure out how to "work" with the database interactively. How do I see the tables, query the info in the tables, create new tables, add users, etc? CPanel had a fairly intuitive interface that allowed you to do these things. Does Plesk have equivalent tools? I've been staring at and clicking on this screen but I can't get much to happen. Fortunately I don't "need" to do anything right this minute, but should something come up and I need to re-index a table, create a new field with constraints, etc, CPanel was handy for that kind of stuff.

image.png.159f1923030aae11956e10fa302f3dd8.png

Many thanks for any help/guidance and again thank you for all you've done to save Heliohost from the CPanel crisis.

4 hours ago, daskunk said:

How do I see the tables, query the info in the tables, create new tables

The main difference is cPanel had Phppgadmin installed globally. In Plesk you have to install it yourself if you want to use it. You can download it from https://github.com/phppgadmin/phppgadmin/releases and extract it into public_html, configure to options, and then access it with a url like yourdomain.heliohost.us/psql/. This will allow you to see the tables, run queries in your browser, and create new tables easily.

4 hours ago, daskunk said:

add users, etc?

If you see where is says "No database users [Create]" if you click Create you can make a new database user for the database. We had another PostgreSQL user having issues connecting and we found that the transfer script doesn't copy over ownership of the database and schemas properly. If after you create a user and aren't able to actually query the data let us know and I can assign ownership. Since you don't have a user yet there is no one I can assign ownership to yet though.

Another thing that may help you is remote PostgreSQL access. Once you create a user I can give you remote access and you can log in via the command line and run queries.

• Krydos locked and unlocked this topic
  • Krydos locked this topic