Domain DNS Issue with new transferred Plesk account

keibeeit

Hi all!

My account was moved to Plesk, however, my website is still showing an invalid SSL certificate. My primary domain (keibee-it.com) is owned by 1and1 and I have the nameservers to ns1.heliohost.org and n2.heliohost.org. Is there something else that I am supposed to change for DNS?

Thank you for your hard work!!

There you go

root@tommy2 [/home/krydos]# dig +short A @ns1.heliohost.org keibee-it.com
root@tommy2 [/home/krydos]# dig +short A @ns2.heliohost.org keibee-it.com

People who were transferred early on, only their main domain would get moved to Plesk. That has been fixed now and all domains get moved to Plesk when your account is transferred.

2 hours ago, keibeeit said:

my website is still showing an invalid SSL certificate

Now that your .com is hosted on Plesk you should be able to install a Let's Encrypt certificate for it as long as it's not a wildcard certificate. Let us know if you have any problems with anything else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krydos said:

There you go

People who were transferred early on, only their main domain would get moved to Plesk. That has been fixed now and all domains get moved to Plesk when your account is transferred.

Now that your .com is hosted on Plesk you should be able to install a Let's Encrypt certificate for it as long as it's not a wildcard certificate. Let us know if you have any problems with anything else.

Does the transfer include Main Domains & subdomains?

7 hours ago, Krydos said:

There you go

Thanks, Krydos. A quick question, a wildcard certificate is not supported yet?

Edit: More questions added...!

1. This is my first time of using Plesk. Does plesk support DNS Zone editing like cpanel? I connect my domain to Yandex and use their mail server. The screenshot I attached is the setting I had with cpanel...

2. What is the ftp host address? not tommy2.heliohost.org?

Thank you!!

heliohost_yandex_mail_dns_zone.png

47 minutes ago, keibeeit said:

Edit: More questions added...!

1. This is my first time of using Plesk. Does plesk support DNS Zone editing like cpanel? I connect my domain to Yandex and use their mail server. The screenshot I attached is the setting I had with cpanel...

2. What is the ftp host address? not tommy2.heliohost.org?

Thank you!!

heliohost_yandex_mail_dns_zone.png

What settings are you using?

1. DNS zone editing is not yet supported because Plesk can't talk to our (cPanel DNS-only based) DNS servers. This is the same reason you can't currently add new domains. We'll eventually build a plugin to integrate these so new domains and DNS editing are supported, but we have no idea when this will happen. For now, just ask us on the forums if you need DNS entries changed on our name servers.

2. Should be tommy2.heliohost.org. Make sure if using SFTP that you set the port to 1373 (this is different from the old Tommy, which used 1342).

4 hours ago, wolstech said:

1. DNS zone editing is not yet supported because Plesk can't talk to our (cPanel DNS-only based) DNS servers. This is the same reason you can't currently add new domains. We'll eventually build a plugin to integrate these so new domains and DNS editing are supported, but we have no idea when this will happen. For now, just ask us on the forums if you need DNS entries changed on our name servers.

2. Should be tommy2.heliohost.org. Make sure if using SFTP that you set the port to 1373 (this is different from the old Tommy, which used 1342).

Thanks, wolstech. I can see that MX record I need is transferred, but the following CNAME record and TXT records. Can you please add these?

CNAME:
-Subdomain name (or Host):
mail.keibee-it.com. (Please replace if exists)
-Value:
domain.mail.yandex.net.

If the TTL field is required, 21600

TXT-1:
-Host:
@ or leave it empty
-Value:
v=spf1 ip4:65.19.141.77 redirect=_spf.yandex.net

TXT-2:
-Host:
mail._domainkey or mail._domainkey.keibee-it.com if necessary
-Value:
v=DKIM1; k=rsa; t=s; p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQDzWAOtbid/AiQ2F3Edp6CSiCNrBGtrr95Isl5fhwwjFwC2p0oniym6ktuzZRmJU2M1qAXNQ7POU0fjHLeBmcpou9zb89tTX4iyw+XLCK+JkKw4kdvit4EvrI9KXSLU/im+xIHPBDHGfvut7NTvWhw9s+1RONyp6IVlA5FSGCm5XQIDAQAB

image.png.168842ec7d3959064ed82db80ef8011a.png

Thank you so much!

9 hours ago, keibeeit said:

Wolstech sort of answered this already. Wildcard certificates require DNS validation. Since Plesk can't edit DNS zones yet it won't work. If you use http validation for a regular certificate it will work because Plesk has access to write files to your domain.

16 hours ago, moneybrz said:

Does the transfer include Main Domains & subdomains?

I already answered this

16 hours ago, Krydos said:

Yes, all domains get transferred now.

3 hours ago, keibeeit said:

the following CNAME record and TXT records. Can you please add these?

Alright, those should be set. Let me know if it's still not working.