[Solved] Plesk migration, subdomains missing?

tstamphaus

Ls,

Yesterday my account/sites were migrated to Plesk.
First impression is really nice. Thanks for the good work!

I had a couple of subdomains configured with my sites but those seem to be missing in the Plesk environment after migration.
Could you please check and see what's wrong?

I'm missing the following subdomains:
- test.stamphaus.nl (development purposes, password protected)

- test.cj7limited.nl (development purposes, password protected)

- jeep.cj7limited.nl (production, publicly accessible)

My account is: tstamp

Thnx again!

Those subdomains have been created. Not sure why they didn't transfer. The DNS was actually set correctly already. Let us know if you find anything else that isn't working right.

Hi @krydos,

I'm still not getting the right sites for the subdomain URL's...?

They're all three routing me to a domain default Plesk-page... Maybe the subdomain is there but it's not connected to the right directory or something?

image.thumb.png.888088455d597fca32138e3425bad465.png

• wolstech changed the title to [Krydos] Plesk migration, subdomains missing?

Ahh, the reason is because I just created the subdomains with the default webroot. I edited https://test.stamphaus.nl/ and https://test.cj7limited.nl/ to point to the right directory, but I don't see a directory called jeep anything. Right now jeep.cj7limited.nl is pointed to /tstamp/jeep.cj7limited.nl/. You can either move your files into that directory or tell me where you want that domain to point to and I can edit it for you.

Also we're been having issues with .htaccess files causing 500 errors for some reason. I just renamed them so your sites would work, but you might want to re-enable them and figure out what exactly inside the .htaccess is causing the error. You can check the domain logs for a hint.

Ah, great. thnx.

Could you please point the jeep.cj7limited.nl subdomain to the root for that site: /tstamp/cj7limited.nl/ ? It's used as a sort of alias :-).

I noticed that the authorisation (username/pwrd access) is gone for the test-sites/directories but that would be the .htaccess story you mentioned. I will fix that myself.

Thnx again!

2 hours ago, tstamphaus said:

Could you please point the jeep.cj7limited.nl subdomain to the root for that site: /tstamp/cj7limited.nl/ ?

There you go https://jeep.cj7limited.nl/

2 hours ago, tstamphaus said:

I noticed that the authorisation (username/pwrd access) is gone for the test-sites/directories but that would be the .htaccess story you mentioned. I will fix that myself.

Yeah, we've been having a lot of issues with certain .htaccess syntax not working under Plesk. Still working on getting that functional. For now just comment out lines that cause an error I guess. I'll make a news post when we get that figured out.

• Like 1

• Krydos changed the title to [Solved] Plesk migration, subdomains missing?
  • Krydos locked this topic