Problems with postgres after move to Plesk

rsribeir

Hi,

I'm having some troubles with postgres after the move to Plesk

Database: cardao91_rooksitiodb

• User cardao91_admin seems to be left over from cpanel instalation, but I can't see it on Plesk. If I try to create it again I get a message saying it already exists. If that's the case please delete the leftover user
  • User cardao91_ricardo was created on Plesk but I can't use it to execute queries. I'm getting "permission denied for schema public" messages. I tried granting privileges to it but I also don't have permission for this

Thanks in advance

I dropped both users, and recreated cardao91_admin so it appears in Plesk. Change the password of cardao91_admin and see if you can access your database now. It looks like the transfer script might not be assigning ownership of the databases correctly.

I changed the password to test it again. So change the password back and then try it now. I changed ownership of the database last time, but that wasn't enough. This time I changed ownership of the schema as well. I logged in as cardao91_admin and was able to do "select * from rookers;" so I think it's working now.

• 2 weeks later...

After resolving my perl CGI issue I was finally able to try accessing my psql database and I think I may have run into exactly the problem you predicted. The original user in cPanel was daskunk_php. I tried to create that same user in Plesk and it failed saying the user already exists. With that userid I was able to get a connection but the query failed. So I tried creating a new user called daskunk_php2 in Plesk.I was able to create the new userid, but the query failed the exact same way. So it sounds like the problem you described on 6/4. If you can assigned ownership to either daskunk_php or daskunk_php2 (whatever is easier), I would be very grateful. Thank you so much for your patience.

image.png.b6ce2115cfec19eab922c5b1be554a5d.png

image.png.db6a3a8590813810adb49486a396712b.png

image.png.f38321639ee1d342e956a3c111dc365d.png