[Solved] Moving back to Tommy from VPS

infantex

16 hours ago, infantex said:

Where do I turn off Plesk trying to issue Let's Encrypt certificate. I keep getting the "Could not issue/renew Let's Encrypt certificates for infantx" emails. I get mine from Cloudflare.

The best way to handle this is to install a Cloudflare origin certificate on Plesk, and then set Cloudflare mode to Full strict. You can read about it here https://developers.cloudflare.com/ssl/origin-configuration/ssl-modes/#full-strict If there is a valid SSL certificate installed in Plesk it will stop trying to install a new one.

16 hours ago, infantex said:

Could my login ID be changed from infantx to infantex? At some point, when the server my account was hosted on failed, I had to use another user name to install my site on another of your servers.

I think we'll have to delete your account, and recreate it to do that.

17 hours ago, infantex said:

zaldivar.mx is an addon domain. With cPanel, addon domains were "like" subdomains, i.e., I currently have a zaldivar.infantex.com.mx domain that I really don't need (the "Could not issue Let's Encrypt" emails mentioned above reminded me of its existence). Does Plesk also need this subdomain or can I delete it without loosing zaldivar.mx?

No Plesk doesn't not require a subdomain to make an addon domain. The subdomain zalivar.infantex.com.mx has been removed.

17 hours ago, infantex said:

This last one is related to the VPS and not Plesk. One thing I could not set up correctrly in the VPS was www redirection. If I browsed "infantex.com.mx" I got to the correct, secure (https) website, but if I browsed "www.infantex.com.mx" I landed in a default page (I think, HestiaCP-provided). I tried setting this right through DNS records but gor circular-reference errors (too many redirects). Wasn't able to configure this correctly. Now, with Plesk, it works fine without me doing anything (as did, previously, with cPanel). Any ideas on how to fix that, if I decided to move back to the VPS?

It sounds like Hestia didn't set www up as a ServerAlias properly. If it was a dns error you would get an error like "the server's ip address could not be found" when you tried to load it in a browser. Apache and Nginx show a default page when they don't have any record of where the domain's DocumentRoot is. For instance if you're using Apache it would look something like this:

<VirtualHost 65.19.141.197:80>
    ServerName infantex.com.mx
    ServerAlias www.infantex.com.mx
    DocumentRoot /var/www/html/
</VirtualHost>

In Hestia that ServerAlias part was probably missing. I'd have to log in to Hestia and mess around with it for a bit to figure out why.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic