Sending e-mail - Lily server

paladino

Hi!

I was able to use my tommy smtp account (while it was running cpanel) to send some e-mails from my app. Since the cpanel deactivation I'm unable to send them.

I'd like to know if there is any restriction on using external smtp (gmail, outlook, etc.) or there is any other option to send e-mails? I'm on migration to plesk queue  and I know it will get some time, so I'm trying to fix it temporarily.

Thanks!

You should be able to use whatever SMTP service you wish. If you can't, we can fix that :)

Lily actually has a local mail server itself, but it's restricted to sending notifications for the server at the moment. Lily was meant to be used with the defunct cpanel mail servers so I never bothered to fully set up a mail server on Lily.

If you want I can add your domain as an allowed sender on the local mail server, but I need to know what domain will be in the "From" field of your emails. Also, you (or Krydos if we host your DNS) need to edit your domain's SPF record and add Lily's IP as a server allowed to send mail for your domain.

Many thanks for the info!

I will try to explain how my app works with the e-mails: I had one which was suporte.meustickers@rpaladino.heliohost.org that was used to receive e-mails from users, so this mailbox was configured to receive e-mails. Also, I had one more which was services@rpaladino.heliohost.org that was used to my app send e-mails to users, like account activation or alerts. This one was setup to not receive e-mails.

I'm sorry, but my knowledge on how to configure network services is very limited...

May the domain you referred be the one I already have on heliohost (rpaladino.heliohost.org)? Would be possible to have 2 accounts: one for users to send e-mail to me so I could reply them and one that only my app could use? If not, I was think on setup a google e-mail to it, but it me and my app would use.

I'm not sure if that could be made to work or not. The domain and those two mailboxes is all I would need to put on the server, Krydos would need to add +65.19.141.70 to the SPF for your zone. I think from there you'd be able to send email from them by using localhost as the SMTP server.

I'll see if I can set this up when I have a free moment...