[Solved] cPanel Perl Modules

daskunk

Help! I ran into my first Plesk migration issue and I'm unsure what to do because the problem involves a CGI script that was written so long ago I don't recall why this exists. But I think the cause of today's problem is this line in my psw_cgi.pl CGI script.

use cPanelUserConfig;

As I said, this code has been in service for years (back when I first signed up with Heliohost) and I can't totally recall why I had to add it, but I assume now that we moved to Plesk, this is a problem.

When my users try to execute this cgi perl script which is called from an html page they are getting the following error messages

[Mon Jun 13 14:38:50.703222 2022] [cgid:error] [pid 111896:tid 139916253103872] [client 173.3.11.242:40140] End of script output before headers: psw_cgi.pl, referer: https://daskunk.heliohost.org/pbc/login.html
[Mon Jun 13 14:38:51.978860 2022] [autoindex:error] [pid 111896:tid 139916177569536] [client 173.3.11.242:40142] AH01276: Cannot serve directory /home/daskunk.heliohost.org/public_html/: No matching DirectoryIndex (index.html,index.cgi,index.pl,index.php,index.xhtml,index.htm,index.shtml) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive, referer: https://daskunk.heliohost.org/cgi-bin/psw_cgi.pl?html=login.html

What do I need to do in my CGI perl script to work with Plesk?

Thank you

7 hours ago, daskunk said:

use cPanelUserConfig;

On cPanel you can install Perl modules yourself and then you put this code in your script to load the modules. Obviously since you're not on cPanel anymore it's not going to work.

Krydos, thank you for responding to my perl cgi issue. I went to post an update, but you had already closed the topic. Just to be clear I knew I could no longer keep the use cPanelUserConfig statement, but my question was whether I had to replace it with something else. I wound up simply commenting it out and it's working now. But that begs a follow up question. On Plesk are we able to install perl modules, and if so, then would it require a similar style use statement (e.g. use PleskUserConfig) ??  Thank you again.

image.png.55a6dca172b24d60b2ef7794e2de64e4.png

• Krydos changed the title to cPanel Perl Modules
1 hour ago, daskunk said:

I went to post an update, but you had already closed the topic

When you need support please post in the customer support subforum. When you want to comment on a news post please comment on the news post. If you post support requests on news posts they're liable to get lost, closed, ignored, etc.

1 hour ago, daskunk said:

On Plesk are we able to install perl modules

If you need a module installed let us know what the name of the module is.