Question about my mails accounts and questions related to Plesk

sylvain

Hi my first question is related, or maybe you could fix it.

It is about my e-mails addresses first. In round cube i could with my master account, i want to go check all e-mails accounts i have created. I enter the webmail, then when i click on one of the mail accounts i see some message writen: Status "Mailbox doesn't exist". So i wonder how some mailbox doesn't exist, when i see it into the name of my mail accounts?

The next thing still related to my webmail and related to my "contact captcha form". Is that peoples can send me only text messages "using captcha", using my php contact form to (only receive text messages) and no attachements at all. Because of spams, junks, etc.

Again related to my mail account, that i can send some webmail messages. "But" the receiver of the message, see the webmail message from me (noreply), and this account "dont accept any things" like reply's, attatchements and so on. Brief users cant send nothing, no files, no attachements, no images, even not some basic text simple messages. A one way direction!

So the logics of it is:

Some master webmail account to check the different mail box accounts. Some webmail account to "only receive" text messages (using captcha) with the contact form "no attachements". Then some webmail account so that i can send messages to users "messages sent only, cannot receive at all". Because of spams, virus, etc. This to protect Plesk and Heliohost from junks.

-----------

Next thing is about into Plesk i see on the left side the word "Applications". When i click on the word i then see "My Apps" and under i see (wordpress/joomla/Drupal). I wonder if i want to create some "Joomla" webpages. Must i click on the button writen (Install) beside the app? Or it is not needed that i click on Joomla or Wordpress, to put some Joomla or Wordpress webpages? I dont want to click on things, that could cause some problems of any kinds. I think to create some Joomla webpages, with some webpage design software that i have. Brief change the look of my free personnal website for peoples.

------------

After it is about the LetsEncrypt. I'm happy to have the (https) with certification. I notice it is indicated that september 24 the certificate will end. I wonder if it will "auto-renew" for my self and for the peoples that visit my website?

Thanks for your time and help

7 hours ago, sylvain said:

Status "Mailbox doesn't exist". So i wonder how some mailbox doesn't exist

It looks like your SSL certificate didn't cover your webmail subdomain. I reissued the SSL certificate for your account. Can you access your mailboxes now?

Some master webmail account to check the different mail box accounts.

You could set up forwarding on the various mailboxes. So for instance if you have a@sylvain.heliohost.org, b@sylvain.heliohost.org, and c@sylvain.heliohost.org you could set all three of those mailboxes to forward their emails automatically to master@sylvain.heliohost.org and that way you could check all of them at once without having to log in to each one individually.

I dont want to click on things, that could cause some problems of any kinds.

That applications button is basically the same as Softaculous that we had before. You can use it to easily and quickly install common software that a lot of people use. It won't hurt anything to install something if you want to try it out.

I wonder if it will "auto-renew"

Yes, the SSL certificate will auto-renew when the current certificate has less than 30 days left on it.

I have clicked on Joomla. Gonna wait that the percentage is done. I think to do the same for Wordpress and Drupal. Just to experiment. I do think the software i have buyed some time ago. can create not only html pages, but also Joomla, Wordpress and maybe Drupal. One thing for sure it is not my intentions to do some webpages that have some financial transactions. My personnal website is a free website not some money site, not a transactional website at all; and not intented to do so ever. Because for many security reasons.

I'm sure you have understand about the mail features i want. This for security reasons and i dont want any file attatchements. In my webmail account there is my master webmail that i'm sure you know. When i enter it i see my two other "one way direction" webmails. One to only receive messages only with the contact php form with captcha "no files". One webmail for only (sending)"one way direction" to respond to the writers and none to give reply to me back in any ways. Again for security reasons, to respect Heliohost and it's members.

Into my master webmail, i see the two other webmail address, but when i click on one or the other i see the message into some "pink box" webmail dosen't exist. Maybe there is something i do wrong and i dont want to do any bad things to the hosting and to the servers. I real do have some respect for Heliohost, for the servers and it's members (administrators/moderators/users). Also reading some comments about cPanel, it's a nasty thing i think that have been done to Heliohost and it's members; when you give to the peoples free services and free hosting. Heliohost has even "promote" cPanel for quite some time (free), I know it's been more then 10 years i'm with you; making them have some (gains) just by being known to peoples "around the world".

13 hours ago, sylvain said:

i click on one or the other i see the message into some "pink box" webmail dosen't exist

I logged into your account and clicked the webmail button for all three email addresses and the webmail page loaded up. Do you want me to change the passwords on them to see if they log in correctly? After I'm done testing them you could change the password back to what it was before.

Not for now. I dont have much time in the week. Wake up very soon in the morning, do the things i have to do in the morning. Take the public transport service in the morning to go to work, take the transport service to go back; eat supper sometimes groceries. I make like 70 hours by each week. This beside helping the peoples that surround me. There is this old lady that i like very much that have heart problems that i take care, there is this friend that is some rock signer that have some musics on spotify, this other friend of mine that i might make him a free website. There is companys that i have made free none official pdf guide (with there acceptance of course) about there webpage design software. This beside my weekend time.

Dont worry @Krydos i'll reply as soon as i can. One thing for sure it is of upmost important the "one way direction" e-mails. Because i think for the goodness of Heliohost to only text message to receive with captcha, i'm sure you understand it is for security reasons. I think about the good of the servers, i'm not an expert at all; at leass i care. I appreciate very much you know all what each of you do for me. Not only for my self, but for other peoples that goes on my free personnal website. The things i have givin free to all peoples, to help them for the good of peoples; so i can say thanks for them also.

Beside i think to change the look of the website, with some softwares that ive paid. What i think to do is simply change my e-mails passwords, to see if it give me again the "pink box" message. Indicate you each steps that i do, this to help you understand the things i have done; starting from telling i log to this, then click on that after do this and that. Well i think you understand. Then gonna indicate it here. I must go, time go fast. I appreciate very much you know! It's important to indicate for me always, that i appreciate very much.

😉

Hi there

Accessing to the mailbox of the mails account work. But when i enter the F*******@ mail account, i see the account C********@ and N***********@ ; but what i want to do is that into the mail F***********@ i can see the mailbox of C********@ and N*********@ by simply clicking on the ****@mail box. The thing is that when i click on C********** or N********* i see the pink box message "mail dont exist". Brief F********** as a master mailbox's

But when i logout of F******** then login into C************ or N*********** i see the mailbox of the corresponding account. What i would like is by entering the F*********@ mail account i can see the other mailbox's. Like if i would be on C********* or N************

The other thing by login in some mailbox, i would like to know what to do (click steps), to make the mailbox wanted (cant receive anythings) as a "one way direction only". Because of spams, junks, etc. So i can reply to the messages if i have time with some mail account, but no one can reply back to the email i send messages. As so one mailbox to receive messages (text only no attachements) trough the contact form "with captcha". Then i can reply with the other mail account that (cant receive anythings) for security reasons.

-------

Other thing by entering my account i have notice the message (warning another user of the same username of XXXXXXXX is already logged into Plesk

I wonder if it is some Administrator (that's what i think) ?? It could explain the warning message.

---------

The other thing i wonder why i see some page that say "My CMS" by entering my url? When i should see the same as when i was on cPanel?

----------

Thank's for your time and help.

Just letting you know @Krydos or some other admin. I have created a folder that start with the letter "B" in the (public html). You should notice the name of the folder. Because i dont know how to arrange the default "index" page. When peoples goes on my site they see "My CMS", wich should not be the starting page. Its probably because of the (applications install), but i am not sure at all. I dont want to cause any problems to the installations or cause problems on the server.

I'm creating a new look on my computer of the site, but for now dont think gonna put it online; there is much to do. This beside my ways of life.

Thank's for your time and help. A+

3 hours ago, sylvain said:

When peoples goes on my site they see "My CMS", wich should not be the starting page.

It looks like you installed your Joomla on public_html and overwrote your homepage. If you're going to test Joomla like that you should install it on a subdirectory or a subdomain so your existing website stays online while you test the new software.

I have just time to create a directory in my public html folder, with some notepad info file into to read. I'm not at my computer right now, not much time but i think you should notice the directory i had time to create. I feel somehow stuck. I dont know much about plesk environnement. Also affraid if uninstall joomla that it uninstall important files of the server. On the other hand if i try again to install, that it take more space on the hosting. Could you please fix it for me "when you have time" because i understand you have your ways of life also. Thanks for your time. A+

Just letting you know that i have entered the hosting and i have clicked on the button "remove" joomla. After i install it again into some directory, i did not knew that by clicking the little triangle just beside install i see "install custom". I just hope that everything is all right?

I have try to send a message to an email i have created, the mailbox receive the message; but i dont want that it receive any messages. What i must do (config/options) so that the mail wanted can send only; and cannot receive anythings as it block total?

1 hour ago, sylvain said:

i dont want that it receive any messages. What i must do (config/options) so that the mail wanted can send only; and cannot receive anythings as it block total?

What I would do is log into webmail and on the left click settings, then click filters, and create a filter that deletes all email before it even enters the inbox.

image.png.5e2ee6b04f33d4e910b879c584b93b34.png

Thanks for the help. Now im just trying to find out where is the option to add a text message that automaticly is after the message i write. Some kind of signature, but dont understand where is the place so that i write (into some text box) my message as:

Sorry if you try to reply to this message, all emails received will be auto-deleted. Have a nice day!

-------

@Krydos just letting you know that i have received a message in my mail account:

The following WordPress installations are quarantined:
Website "My CMS" (https://sylvain.heliohost.org/wordpress): WordPress Toolkit was not able to finish running an operation on this site in 60 seconds, so the operation was terminated. This could mean that your WordPress installation might be infected with malware. Check the wp-config.php file of the installation for potential malware code or run an anti-virus scan. If you cannot find any traces of malware, try running the operation again later.

I find it important to let you know Krydos. I wonder if it is by clicking on the "install button"? You should take a look. I think to create wordpress webpages one day. But for know if you want "you can uninstall it" after of course you or some admin take a look. Just letting you know, because i want good things with you and many others. Maybe there is something with Plesk install app?

I'm curious to what Krydos thinks about that error, but considering WP loves to get infected, I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

That said, since it seems to be basing that error solely on the fact it timed out, I'd be more likely to believe that server load caused the error.

When i login into Plesk, i then click on "Applications". From it i see (WordPress) and the button "Remove". I then click on "Remove", after what i see is some blank page with the text writen this: {"status":"success"}

And the page stay there with this text message and do not return to my main Plesk menu account. I wonder if some admin could "Remove Wordpress" application. I have tryed by clicking the button, and it is still there. If WordPress cause problems i dont want any. Just hoping that it wont cause problems to my free personnal website or what so ever.

Thanks for your time and help. 👍

I did a Wordpress files checksum and it said that none of the files had been modified. I reinstalled the core Wordpress files anyways, and hit the refresh button and your Wordpress install is no longer quarantined. It might have just been a fluke that it timed out like that. The load on Tommy is extremely low so I can't see why it would time out, unless Apache was restarting maybe. Anyways, it says Wordpress is good again now. Thanks for letting us know about that. It's actually pretty cool that Plesk detects hacked sites like that.