Need IPs opened for Google Data Studio connection

Hi All,

I was wondering how I go about getting the following IPs allowed to connect to my PostgresDB hosted on Tommy? It seems things have changed on their end and need these opened up now for continued use.

The google article I was sent by Google: https://support.google.com/datastudio/answer/7288010?hl=en&ref_topic=7332343#zippy=%2Cin-this-article%2Cshow-the-list-of-ip-addresses

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Krydos,

Sorry for the lack of response on this - I've been trying to troubleshoot this but I still cannot commit data into the database. Since my account was moved to Plesk did the IP change? Right now I have it pointing to 65.19.143.6 - is that still correct?

No, 65.19.143.6 is the old cPanel server. Only one server can use an IP address at a time so Plesk is using 65.19.141.77. Normally when we rebuild a server we shutdown the old server and then rebuild it on the same IP, but since we wanted to have both online at the same time we had to do it this way.

• 1 month later...

Hey @Krydos,

Thanks for your help on the above IP address correction. It seems I am still having an issue. I can connect to the database but it says my tables do not exist. I am trying to insert into the "bee_data_table" with the "bee1_sensor_user". Does this user have insert rights?

Hey @Krydos,

I am still getting this error....

psycopg2.errors.UndefinedTable: relation "bee_data_table" does not exist
LINE 1: INSERT INTO bee_data_table (beekeeper_id, sensor_id, hive_te...

There is a little carrot ^ under the "b" of "bee_data_table" on the LINE 1

Here is what I am trying to insert:

INSERT INTO bee_data_table (beekeeper_id, sensor_id, hive_temp, hive_hum, weather_temp, weather_hum, time_taken) VALUES (ian, 2, 10, 10, 10, 10, 2020-09-29 13:07:09)

I am using the bee1_sensor_user, into the bee1_sensor_data DB

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks!

Oh, weird. Here are your tables on cPanel:

postgres=# \c bee1_sensor_data
You are now connected to database "bee1_sensor_data" as user "postgres".
bee1_sensor_data=# \dt+
                            List of relations
 Schema |      Name      | Type  |      Owner       | Size  | Description
--------+----------------+-------+------------------+-------+-------------
 public | bee_data_table | table | bee1_sensor_data | 12 MB |
 public | beekeepers     | table | bee1_sensor_data | 40 kB |
(2 rows)

And here are your tables on Plesk:

postgres=# \c bee1_sensor_data
You are now connected to database "bee1_sensor_data" as user "postgres".
bee1_sensor_data=# \dt+
                                    List of relations
 Schema |    Name    | Type  |      Owner       | Persistence |    Size    | Des
cription
--------+------------+-------+------------------+-------------+------------+----
---------
 public | beekeepers | table | bee1_sensor_user | permanent   | 8192 bytes |
 public | data       | table | bee1_sensor_user | permanent   | 11 MB      |
(2 rows)

For some reason the table seems to have been renamed from "bee_data_table" to just "data", but they both seem to have a similar amount of data in them 11 MB and 12 MB. I have no idea why a table would get renamed. Can you insert into data? You probably have permissions to rename the table back to what it was now if you need to.

• 1 month later...

Hey @Krydos

Circling back to the original post on this thread. I was not able to get that database to work, so I created a new database 'bee1_hives' with the user 'bee1_hive_user'. The bee1_hives db now works and I am currently submitting data into it.

My next dilemma is that I used to be able to connect a postgres db to Google Data Studio, but when I try to connect this new db I am getting an error on connection (there is no record of what their error codes mean unfortunately). I am trying to troubleshoot this, so I guess my question and thoughts are...

- The bee1_hive_user is able to submit data into the db, but is there an additional permission which needs to be enabled for remote connection, reading?

- Do you need to allow connection from the Google Data Studio IPs? If so these are the IPs I need opened please, if possible.

• 142.251.74.0/23
  • 142.251.74.0/23
  • 2001:4860:4807::/48 (Optional, for platforms that support IPv6)
  • 74.125.0.0/16

Reference Article: https://support.google.com/looker-studio/answer/11521624?visit_id=638028271131359562-3095635232&p=jdbc-ip-23&rd=1#jul-14-2022