[Solved] Remove SSL force-redirect from Apache config

eggcite

Hello!

Krydos helped me remove an SSL auto-redirect from the Apache config for my website for my account awhile back: 

I'm helping my old piano teacher with his website (also hosted on Heliohost), and he told me that students are unable to access the page because of the same issue: his account is `dqdang` and it should host carrolltonmusic.com

Could you also remove the SSL auto-direct from his site as well? It is just a static site.

Thank you guys!

The redirect has been removed. You may need to clear your browser cache to get the cached redirect to go away too.

The better way to handle this for free is to go to https://zerossl.com/ and create a 90 SSL certificate. Then use SFTP to upload it to /home/dqdang. Don't upload it to public_html. Let me know once it's uploaded and I can install it for you. Then once you have working SSL you can use .htaccess to redirect to SSL again.

The even better way to handle this is to get moved to Plesk. We're not moving any free accounts right now because it wouldn't be fair to the donors who don't have Plesk accounts yet if free people filled up the server before they even got an account, but if you donate as little as $1 for an existing account you can get moved to Plesk within 24 hours. You can check out https://www.heliohost.org/eta/?u=dqdang for your position as a free account. We're hoping to get new account creation fully tested soon and get the queue moving again.