[Solved] SSL Certificate Generation Failing

archer49

Hi, I've been having trouble getting ssl working with any of my custom domains.

I'm getting the following when trying to generate one:

Could not issue an SSL/TLS certificate for derek.ml
Details
Could not request a Let's Encrypt SSL/TLS certificate for derek.ml.

Go to http://derek.ml/.well-known/acme-challenge/SHOe1GNkaSabxMV1cMzId_c99I1mTdJaqROCddbfYxc

and сheck if the authorization token is available.

If it is, try to request the certificate again. If the token is not available, there may be an issue with your DNS configuration.

Your domain in Plesk is hosted on the IP address(es): 65.19.141.77, but the DNS challenge used another IP: 65.19.143.6.

Make sure that the IP address(es) specified in the domain's DNS zone match the IP address(es) the domain is hosted on.

The acme-challenge file is there (along with many auto-generated ones in all the domains' folders), but gives a 404 when trying to load the url, I'm not sure why.

The domains are using the heliohost dns servers.

Also, the deesterlingsilver.com domain is no longer in use, could you remove it as well.

Thank you in advance.

Did you just move your account within the past 24 hours? I'm getting different DNS responses depending on what DNS server I use. My home internet's Comcast's DNS as well as Cloudflare DNS are returning old Tommy's IP for me still, but Google and our own ns1 and ns2 have new Tommy's IP. It looks like incomplete propagation.

If Lets Encrypt gets served the old IP, it's going to hit the old cPanel server and not find the challenge file...

Krydos can delete the unused domain for you.

11 hours ago, archer49 said:

gives a 404 when trying to load the url, I'm not sure why.

The early versions of the transfer script only changed the A record of the main domain. I fixed that issue eventually, but the people who were transferred before the fix ended up with some domains still pointed at cPanel. I updated the A records of all of your domains to point to Plesk, and issued an SSL certificate for you https://derek.ml/ That SSL certificate will automatically renew when it gets to less than 30 days left so you shouldn't have to worry about it from now on.

11 hours ago, archer49 said:

Also, the deesterlingsilver.com domain is no longer in use, could you remove it as well.

Removed.

6 minutes ago, wolstech said:

I'm getting different DNS responses depending on what DNS server I use.

I had just changed it a few minutes before you checked it.