Problems With Gmail

Krydos

We've had a lot of reports from users with Gmail addresses that our invitation emails aren't being delivered to them. If you're interested in getting moved to Plesk or creating a new account you have two options:

1) Contact Gmail support and ask them to deliver emails from heliohost.org domains to your inbox.
2) Use literally any other email address other than Gmail.

We've contacted Gmail support ourselves regarding this issue and they helped us fix a few issues that might be causing problems, but we haven't seen any actual progress yet and our emails are still being deleted rather than delivered.

If we send our invitation email to your Gmail address and they delete it instead of letting you see it we will just pass over you and invite the next person in line. If you want to change your contact email address please let us know so we can get an email address on file that actually works. We plan on starting to send out invites again soon so it would be great to have people actually receive the invites.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, konzept said:

Hi there, I just changed my email. Do I just wait for the email or is there something else required to do? Thank you.

Your invitation email was originally send on August 8th. I have resent it just now. Let us know if you still haven't received it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hdpchat said:

I'm currently using yahoo, which I hate, but I have to use it until emails are being sent to my gmail. I set this up as I wasn't even receiving emails from the forums or support by email.

Yeah, I'm not very fond of Yahoo mail either, but we haven't had any reports of them deleting our emails. You're currently #133 to receive your invite and it will be sent to your yahoo.com address. We'll keep testing Gmail and when it starts working again we'll let you know so you can switch back to it.  

1 hour ago, hdpchat said:

What do I do to contact gmail about this.

What we did is we have access to a google workspace account and we contacted support via logging in at admin.google.com. If any users report any other way to contact Gmail support we'll update everyone how it was done.

On 9/4/2022 at 12:27 PM, ytmusic said:

Do i have to do this from helionet profile "settings -> account settings -> email address"

Yes, go ahead and do that, and then let us know when the new address is in place and we can copy it into the database for your hosting account too. That way when your turn arrives your invite will go to the new address.

Information I researched to share

• This is only blocking mail delivery from HelioHost to Gmail. No problem from Gmail to HelioHost.
  • I could not confirm HelioHost registration on the official blacklist. This issue only affects Gmail.
  • This also blocks emails sent by HelioHost to you. But don't panic if you've gotten HelioHost information outside of email!
  • If you are forwarding mail from HelioHost to Gmail, it will also be blocked. Use POP instead.
  • Presumably this block is a domain level block for heliohost.org and heliohost.org. If you are using a custom domain you may not be affected by the block.

If you receive a notification of Plesk migration in the future, if that email address is Gmail, that email is currently blocked, so please change the notification email address.

I had Gmail registered with HelioHost, so I was affected by this, but since I'm on Discord, I didn't have to rush to change my email address. Discord is the fastest for news and pinging me. If you're a regular user of HelioNet, don't panic as well, because there are alternatives to e-mail.

Note that some servers may have different restrictions. (Especially Johnny)

I don't know if this will help, but quite a while ago (before Plesk) , I had to add filters to my Gmail account using the computer to route my heliohost email into a folder. It also includes a never mark as spam.

I have attached an image I just took. But I got my heliohost "are you ready for Plesk" and the "account successfully transferred to Plesk" email to my Gmail address with these filters in place.

I can't see the attachment or preview this post, so I also added a drive link to the attached image.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rn4685p-ahBe7457WeyLNx4ceqHLBCFb/view?usp=drivesdk

Screenshot_20220907-091222_Firefox.jpg

This link explains the process. Just have to set the match filter to use the heliohost domain.

So in the from section you would set:

*heliohost.org*

And go through the next step and set never mark as spam.

You would create a second filter for helionet with the from section set to:

*helionet.org*

I also have mine set to go to a specific folder, but you wouldn't need to mess with that. Although this link covers sending emails to folders in Gmail.

• Krydos locked this topic