Is email support down or does it just take some time?

c2itnow

I seem to be unable to post anything by emailing to support@heliohost.org. I have tried sending from two different addresses three days ago and it has not posted yet. Does it undergo some moderation before being posted? If yes, I will wait and my apologies for wasting everyone's time. If not, what should I do? The mail providers I had used are gmail and protonmail so nothing shady as far as I can tell. Thanks in advance.

Alex

Nope, the bot hasn't gotten stuck in like 6 months. We use Gmail to handle our support@heliohost.org email address and pretty much everything anyone sends to us gets flagged as spam, and then I have to remember to go in there and flag it as good content. Maybe I should try to disable the spam box entirely or something, Gmail is so annoying.

I should also mention that if you email us you should receive a confirmation email within seconds letting you know that it worked. If you don't get a confirmation at all it means it went to spam.

9 hours ago, Krydos said:

Maybe I should try to disable the spam box entirely or something, Gmail is so annoying.

You can create a filter that does that. Condition of "To" = support@heliohost.org, action of "Never send it to spam" should prevent the spam filter from flagging pretty much anything, granted this means actual spam will also make it to the forum.

14 hours ago, wolstech said:

You can create a filter that does that. Condition of "To" = support@heliohost.org, action of "Never send it to spam" should prevent the spam filter from flagging pretty much anything, granted this means actual spam will also make it to the forum.

I was considering that, but I ended up editing my mail to forum bot to scan the spam box in addition to the inbox and if a message gets sent to spam I get a notification instantly and I can go manually mark it as not spam. I think this is a better compromise than having a ton of spam posted on our forum.

Do you think I should send an auto-reply to people who end up in spam letting them know that Gmail flagged their email as spam and it will be manually reviewed soon?

On 9/7/2022 at 9:50 PM, Krydos said:

I was considering that, but I ended up editing my mail to forum bot to scan the spam box in addition to the inbox and if a message gets sent to spam I get a notification instantly and I can go manually mark it as not spam. I think this is a better compromise than having a ton of spam posted on our forum.

Do you think I should send an auto-reply to people who end up in spam letting them know that Gmail flagged their email as spam and it will be manually reviewed soon?

Yes, sending some kind of confirmation that the email went through would be great. As I mentioned before, I used two different email vendors (gmail and protonmail) and both disappeared into the aether. Gmail is indeed annoying although anything with outlook in it is on an entirely new level of evil...