Question about inactivity monitoring

trenten

So, I waited for the migration to the plesk control panel. And I have currently been moved to the new system. I know you guys are still working on several different aspects within the next control panel. So I wanted to know if you plan on waiting until everything is finished to start monitoring for inactivity on accounts or if you have already started to deactivate accounts for inactivity? Also, is there a new donation process or link to extend the period of inactivity allowed on our account? I plan on using this site for testing to implement new features for the organization I manage, but not for a few more months.

Thanks! And I'm very glad to see how this service survived through the cPanel situation.

12 hours ago, trenten said:

So I wanted to know if you plan on waiting until everything is finished to start monitoring for inactivity on accounts or if you have already started to deactivate accounts for inactivity?

Inactivity monitoring is partially implemented. We are tracking logins, and it's updating the database, but we haven't actually started moving any accounts to the inactive state yet. We will make a news post at least a week in advance of the first account getting taken offline due to inactivity. The main reason we enforce activity is to prevent overcrowding due to unused accounts, but we aren't any where near overcrowded yet so it's not a top priority when there are so many other things that need to be taken care of.

12 hours ago, trenten said:

Also, is there a new donation process or link to extend the period of inactivity allowed on our account? I plan on using this site for testing to implement new features for the organization I manage, but not for a few more months.

During fundraisers we frequently give out 1 month of inactivity immunity for each $5 that you donate. We can allow you to do that now if you want to. Also if you haven't heard about it we are planning on releasing a new server named Morty with Plesk eventually that won't have any inactivity suspensions at all. The amount you pay each month will scale based on how much load you cause, and as long as your account has a balance you won't need to log in at all. The other thing you can consider, but it might be a bit of overkill for you, is VPS have no inactivity monitoring either. For $4 per month you get root access and don't have to login ever if you don't want to. As long as the payment goes through it stays active.