[Answered] SFTP Connection to Tommy after Plesk Migration

cktrack

When I connect to Tommy using FileZilla I see my old content (prior to the Plesk migration).  I tried changing the host to tommy2.heliohost.org (with port 1342) but the connection times out. 

Am I using the correct host?

If so, do I need to get an ID set up for the new host?

Any help would be much appreciated.

It used to be that Johnny = 1373, Ricky = 1312, and Tommy = 1342, but that was too confusing to people because they would search the forum and see a number and not know exactly which server they were on, etc. In order to simplify things we're just going to have all of our servers use 1373 from here on out rather than a different random port on each.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, hestia66 said:

i get a timeout on both, altho my account has not been converted to plesk yet, so im not sure if that new one should even work for me

I made a test with Filezilla (free desktop FTP client, you can download it here: https://filezilla-project.org/) using the info @Krydos provided and I was able to connect to cPanel version of Tommy. Are you setting it as a SFTP connection (it won't work as FTP connection)?

About connecting to Plesk's version of Tommy, if your account wasn't migrated then Plesk doesn't have an account with your username/password, so it really won't work until your account is migrated.

4 hours ago, hestia66 said:

it doesnt open any instagram pages either lol...

That's pretty funny.

You can test if your outbound port 1342 is open by going to this website http://portquiz.net:1342/ If you see text then it's working. If it times out in your browser it means your computer's firewall, or your router, or your ISP, or something is blocking that port.