[Solved] Donations

AtomicBob

Hi I had my website here a year ago, I believe my last donation was in 2019, I am thinking about donating but since the server expired I was wondering what I should put in the address record DNS so that my site will connect to the heliohost provider. I don't remember what I was using before. Let me know how that will work with PLESK. Thank you and congratulations on getting it all back up and running with the new control panel !

You can either use our nameservers which are ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org

OR

You can use any external DNS provider, Cloudflare is a popular free choice, by creating an A record pointed to 65.19.141.77. You're on cPanel currently, but after you're transferred that would the IP address to set.

Right now we're moving 10 accounts per day, but we're considering raising that amount. Without a donation you're currently #745 https://heliohost.org/eta/?u=atomicbob in line to be moved over so at 10 invites per day it would take 74 days, or for even just $1 donation it would move you up to October 20th at our current rate. Please note that the rate of invites can be raised or lowered or stopped entirely depending on if we run into any serious issues or if things are going well. So far everything is looking good though.

Thank you. As instructed I have followed the free account setup steps on Cloudflare and now my website shows the PLESK login page. I guess that means everything is working which means I will be donating as soon as possible to keep things moving smoothly. I saw that you are also accepting crypto donations, but maybe that's not applicable to the waiting list. 

We can take crypto for the wait list...BTC, LTC, ETH, ZEC, and BAT are all accepted. You'll need to post the transaction ID of the payment and Krydos can link it.

XMR or Aeon can be accepted as well if you prefer privacy coins, though it will take several days to verify if you choose those since I have to boot up an old server and run a wallet sync to verify that (those wallets live on a turned-off VM that dates back to when we offered a donate-by-mining app called HelioMine 4 years ago, that program has since been discontinued due to lack of uptake). The 5 up top go directly to an exchange and convert to cash when donated, but the privacy coins do not. Please do not donate using Loki or TRTL. They're obsolete and need to be removed.

On 9/27/2022 at 9:32 AM, wolstech said:

Please do not donate using Loki or TRTL. They're obsolete and need to be removed.

They've been removed now.

On 9/27/2022 at 9:20 AM, AtomicBob said:

I saw that you are also accepting crypto donations, but maybe that's not applicable to the waiting list. 

If you have a coin that we don't have listed at https://heliohost.org/donate/ we may be accept it and add the wallet to the list. Like Wolstech said privacy coins aren't as easy to convert to USD for us to pay the bills so we discourage their use.

That's so cool you accept BAT the rewards from using BRAVE browser, I already have a few dollars worth, another easy coin to use would be DOGE coin not to mention SHIBA INU. For simplicity I will immediately send 2 dollars by PayPal, to rise up the list a little and then maybe look into a BAT donation. I imagine every little bit helps at this stage. Good work setting up my favorite free web hosting solution it has been a dark time without you.  

I have donated the 2 dollars, unfortunately my email account for PayPal account has changed from atomicbob to dangerfirebob so my donation is not showing up. PayPal unexpectedly froze my atomicbob account when I requested that my alias that I had used for years be changed to my real name. Eventually I may be able to reopen it. You should see a 2 dollar donation from dangerfirebob I imagine.

Transaction code: 5JM61184DK994393X

I will look into a Crypto donation as well in a while.