[Solved] Weird password issue

jontron

I am unable to log into plesk or the main website using my password. When I created my account, I saved the password in my password manager. I know the saved password is correct because the password I saved works fine to log on using FTP. My guess is that maybe my password was truncated or there is an issue with special characters in a password. What should I do, reset my password?

Someone else mentioned that characters with accents, such as é, weren't being handled correctly by Plesk. I sent you a password reset link that you can use to set a new password. After you've changed your password if you can provide any further information on what characters don't work for Plesk we would appreciate it.

EDIT:

I did some digging and it looks like Plesk passwords can be up to 255 characters long. Spaces, single quotes, and double quotes are prohibited. Valid characters are ascii 33, ascii 35 through ascii 38, and ascii 40 through ascii 126.

I'll see about updating the signup page to disallow characters that will break Plesk.

Edited by Krydos
found limitations

I have reset my password and I am now able to log in. My password contained the special characters  greater then [ > ], closing parenthesis [ ) ],  single quote (apostrophe)[ ' ], and an at sign [ @ ]. So it was probably the single quote that caused the problem.

On 10/25/2022 at 1:38 AM, Krydos said:

I'll see about updating the signup page to disallow characters that will break Plesk.

Passwords that will break Plesk are now blocked from being used during the signup process. Trying to use an invalid character will display an error and disable the submit button. Thanks for helping solve this issue.