[Solved] upgrade for production sites

tschmidt

Hi,
I have a few small sites that I currently host for customers.  I really like your environment and would like to host them here.  They are low traffic and not very mission critical.  The only issue is my home domain has been around so gets spam traffic.  I looked at the upgrade page and thought this would be reasonable. 

To request the upgrade please open a support ticket on our forum, and let us know that VPS57 would like to upgrade to 4 GB memory, 4 CPUs, and 200 GB storage for $15.00/m.

Would you recommend I upgrade my current VPS or create a second instance for production sites? If you recommend simple upgrade and this looks good please go ahead.  If you think I should consider something with more production-like stablity or there are any other recommendations please let me know.

Thanks for the support,

Tony Schmidt

3 hours ago, tschmidt said:

Would you recommend I upgrade my current VPS or create a second instance for production sites?

I think upgrading your one VPS would be the better choice rather than having two VPS.

3 hours ago, tschmidt said:

If you recommend simple upgrade and this looks good please go ahead.

One thing that I noticed is you're still using Ubuntu 20, so as long as all of your software supports it, I would recommend upgrading to Ubuntu 22 in addition to the hardware upgrades. We've had a lot of people run into issues trying to update 20 to 22 on their own so we recommend backing up everything, and then wiping the VPS and installing Ubuntu 22 directly.

If that all sounds good to you here is the link to set up a new subscription https://heliohost.org/vps/pay/?code=z5fparWIrV4z5ImA and let us know when you have taken a full backup of everything and are ready to go.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's been over 2 weeks since we've heard from you, and you still haven't created the new subscription for the upgraded VPS with the link I posted. We've had the extra 3 GB of memory reserved for you this whole time without it actually being paid for, so you need to decide if you're going to do this upgrade. If we don't hear from you soon we will need to free up the memory so paying users can access it. We are very close to being full on VPS so the upgrade may not be available forever depending on how many new VPS orders we get versus how many people cancel.

• Like 1

I apologize for the delay.  This fell off my prority list, but I am committed.  I have updated my subscription with the link provided for an upgraded VPS.  Please go ahead with the Ubuntu upgrade in whatever manner you think best.  I backed up my hestia settings, but nothing really critical on the VPS so far, so I am ready.  Please configure the new server like my existing one: hestia, django nd SSL.  I've attached the thread for reference.  You can use rf5.co as the primary domain if you need one, I think you added to your nameservers.  I can manage my other domains with cloudflare.   Please let me know any questions or anything else you need.  I will be checking periodically starting now.  Thank you for the support and patience.

Best,
Tony

Your VPS has been upgraded to 4 GB memory, 4 CPUs, and 200 GB storage and rebuilt using Ubuntu 22 instead of Ubuntu 20. Hestia has been installed with the same default password as before, and the same usernames. Django has been installed and a demo has been started on the domain https://rf5.co/

Let us know if you need help with anything else.

• Like 1

• Krydos locked this topic