[Solved] DNS still not updated for aliased domains?

Mathieu

Hi. I recently moved to Plesk and my aliased domains are still showing the old website.

My account is: mathieu
My url is mathieupadget.heliohost.org
I have 2 domains aliasing the same:
mathieupadget.com
mathieupadget.me

My nameservers are configured as:
ns1.heliohost.org
ns2.heliohost.org

After I moved to Plesk, I updated some pages. mathieupadget.heliohost.org is now showing those updated pages but when I visit the aliased domains, they still show the website as it was without the new changes.

The aliased domains also still seem to be using the long expired cPanel certificate.

In the dashboard under SSL/TLS for each each domain alias it says:
“Not Secured : The domain alias is not included into the main domain certificate. You can try to reissue the certificate manually.”

When I try to use Reissue Certificate, it says:
“Could not issue an SSL/TLS certificate for mathieupadget.heliohost.org”

Then further down, it says:
“Your domain in Plesk is hosted on the IP address(es): , but the DNS challenge used another IP: 65.19.143.6.”

Not entirely sure what I'm doing, I wondered if I needed to turn on “Synchronize DNS zone with the primary domain” but when I tried that, it said:
“Warning: Permission denied.”

The email I received when transferred said, “Your domains have been transferred to the new server...” but does that include my aliased domains?

I'm pretty certain the problem isn't my browser cache, as I tried a different browser too, and because it's working for mathieupadget.heliohost.org.

Do I just need to keep waiting for another day for the changes to take effect, or is something wrong?

Krydos has to manually change the DNS to fix this. When this happens, it won't fix itself.

A lot of our users have been using external DNS like Cloudflare instead of our DNS because it allows them to manage it themselves. I'll escalate this for Krydos to fix, but if you want to fix it yourself, you could switch your DNS to Cloudflare and set up the entries needed. The records you need in your domain's DNS zone for Plesk to work are:

• A record pointed to 65.19.141.77
  • MX pointed to tommy2.heliohost.org (if you plan to receive mail at your domain using Plesk)
  • TXT record with the value "v=spf1 a mx ~all" for SPF (if you plan to send mail from the domain using Plesk).

• Like 1

• Krydos changed the title to [Solved] DNS still not updated for aliased domains?
  • 1 month later...
On 12/1/2022 at 7:02 AM, wolstech said:

Krydos has to manually change the DNS to fix this. When this happens, it won't fix itself.

A lot of our users have been using external DNS like Cloudflare instead of our DNS because it allows them to manage it themselves. I'll escalate this for Krydos to fix, but if you want to fix it yourself, you could switch your DNS to Cloudflare and set up the entries needed. The records you need in your domain's DNS zone for Plesk to work are:

Do Heliohost admins have a preference? My aliased domain is still showing the old wrong DNS, too, after my migration to Plesk a week ago. I don't mind setting up Cloudflare and doing the migration myself per your message above. But I've found no official documentation about using an external DNS, which suggests to me that the official preference is for users to use Heliohost's nameservers.

We support both at this point. The alias domains not updating is an issue with the migration script.

Almost everything on that wiki related to domains is obsolete...they don't work the same way in Plesk as they did in cPanel. Also, cPanel required you use our DNS because of its name server check to add a domain. Plesk doesn't have that requirement, though we do still provide DNS service.

The settings to use your own DNS on Tommy are basically this:

• A and AAAA records. Use the IP addresses shown in Plesk (click on the domain in question in Plesk, they're shown at the bottom below the options for the domain).
  • MX record pointed to tommy2.heliohost.org (if you plan to receive email at your domain)
  • TXT record for SPF, value is "v=spf1 ip4:65.19.141.77 +a +mx ~all" (if you plan to send email from your domain).

For Johnny, replace tommy2.heliohost.org with johnny.heliohost.org in the MX, and the IP address in the SPF with 65.19.141.67.

Edited by wolstech
Fix SPF record

Thank you!

I had actually already started migrating my nameservers to those controlled by my domain registrar, so I guess I'm controlling my own DNS for now. I've gotten my .htaccess file set up again (had to remove "Options -Indexes") and updated it so URL forwarding all does what I expect (I think lol). Also I do not see an IPV6 / AAAA server IP in my Plesk page, but I found and used 2001:470:1:1ee::2009 from https://www.helionet.org/index/topic/54610-solved-change-domain-name/

Directory listing is not disabled as expected by default by Plesk, but Krydos is already aware of it and gives a temporary workaround in https://www.helionet.org/index/topic/54409-solved-issues-andor-questions-after-migration-to-plesk/

• Krydos locked this topic