[Solved] Issues and/or questions after migration to Plesk

Kairion

Hello guys.

I'm not sure if it's already to start a topic with multiple issues so if I'm not supposed to do that this topic can be closed and I'll post again in separated topics.

First of all, my info:

Username: fasouza

Domain: fasouza.eu.org

Server: Tommy

Now my issues:

• Could you change my DNS settings by adding the following records (in order for me to migrate to HelioHost nameservers)?:
  Type Name Data / Content TTL Priority

MX @ mx.zoho.com 5 min (300 sec) 10

MX @ mx2.zoho.com 5 min (300 sec) 20

MX @ mx3.zoho.com 5 min (300 sec) 50

TXT _dmarc v=DMARC1; p=quarantine; rua=mailto:dmarc@fasouza.eu.org 5 min (300 sec)  

TXT @ zoho-verification=zb79303131.zmverify.zoho.com 5 min (300 sec)  

TXT @ v=spf1 include:zoho.com ~all 5 min (300 sec)  

TXT zmail._domainkey v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQCGDshrf0dJR897tiXXUlSawljNTtKRnsumAy29dLOYl8a4uxcD4IMGyTQAxxZ2uVahyOmKSD09UszRTy5np8tKtm4esSCXGDZwtWoOK/sSoruvopVwsNPi/riLVnBFxkgTo0ikrx7hjpWp8+XkITj/A+yLmHTnUCaXNwDYzgFZEQIDAQAB 5 min (300 sec)  

• On cPanel I had the subdomain blog.fasouza.eu.org (pointing to {my_root_folder}/blog). Is it possible to have it back on Plesk?
  • On cPanel I used Grav as my CMS/blog system as an alternative to WordPress. When trying to install it on Plesk I get a 500 error apparently because of its ".htaccess" file saying "Options not allowed here". Is it possible to check what are these not allowed options? I couldn't find on Plesk logs.

3 hours ago, Kairion said:

Could you change my DNS settings by adding the following records (in order for me to migrate to HelioHost nameservers)?

Done.

On cPanel I had the subdomain blog.fasouza.eu.org (pointing to {my_root_folder}/blog). Is it possible to have it back on Plesk?

It isn't letting me make a subdomain of an alias domain. I can delete fasouza.eu.org and readd it as a normal domain and then I should be able to recreate the blog subdomain. Make sure you have a backup of all of your files before I start deleting and readding domains. We had one person's files get deleted when we did this before.

Options not allowed here

Just edit the .htaccess file and comment out any lines that start with "Options". I plan on enabling this eventually, but most of the time the Options lines aren't needed anyways.

46 minutes ago, Krydos said:

It isn't letting me make a subdomain of an alias domain. I can delete fasouza.eu.org and readd it as a normal domain and then I should be able to recreate the blog subdomain. Make sure you have a backup of all of your files before I start deleting and readding domains. We had one person's files get deleted when we did this before.

Backup done and domain pointed to HelioHost nameservers. I think it's ok now to continue this process. Which reminds me, in that case, I think it isn't necessary to keep "fasouza.heliohost.org". Just keep "felipeamorim.eu.org" as an alias to "fasouza.eu.org" and "kairion.eu.org" remaining as a normal domain.

50 minutes ago, Krydos said:

Just edit the .htaccess file and comment out any lines that start with "Options". I plan on enabling this eventually, but most of the time the Options lines aren't needed anyways.

I figured it could be that. Grav uses "Options" to disable directory index listing (Options -Indexes) for security purposes. Is there another way to disable directory index listing without this option on .htaccess (some configuration on Plesk for example)?

1 hour ago, Kairion said:

Is there another way to disable directory index listing without this option on .htaccess

Directory listings are disabled by default on Plesk. If I enabled Options permissions in .htaccess it would be for people who want to enable directory index.

I think it isn't necessary to keep "fasouza.heliohost.org". Just keep "felipeamorim.eu.org" as an alias to "fasouza.eu.org" and "kairion.eu.org" remaining as a normal domain.

Done. It can take up to 2 hours for your domains to start working right after a change like this.

• Krydos changed the title to [Solved] Issues and/or questions after migration to Plesk
16 minutes ago, Krydos said:

'Directory listings are disabled by default on Plesk. If I enabled Options permissions in .htaccess it would be for people who want to enable directory index.

Are you sure? I created a "test" directory containing a text file and it was listed. I'll check it again after my domains start working again. Either way, I already commented the "Options" line on ".htaccess" so it should work properly.

23 minutes ago, Krydos said:

Done. It can take up to 2 hours for your domains to start working right after a change like this.

Thanks 😁

Since my domain is up again I made another test and directory index listing seems to be enabled, as you can check here: https://fasouza.eu.org/test/

About the subdomain blog.fasouza.eu.org pointing to "{my_root_directory}/blog", it seems it isn't fully propagated because I'm seeing the Plesk default page (no web site at this address) and I'm unable to create a Let's Encrypt certificate for it, so I'll wait a couple hours before validating this again.

directory index listing seems to be enabled

Hmmm, that's really weird. I tested this same thing on my account and it doesn't show a directory listing. It must be some strangeness that copied over from cPanel.

so I'll wait a couple hours before validating this again.

I'm seeing a 404 error when it redirects to admin.

8 hours ago, Krydos said:

I'm seeing a 404 error when it redirects to admin.

I'm not sure when or why, but the ".htaccess" file was renamed to ".htaccess.disabled" thus causing the 404 error. Renaming it back to ".htaccess" did the tricky.

8 hours ago, Krydos said:

Hmmm, that's really weird. I tested this same thing on my account and it doesn't show a directory listing. It must be some strangeness that copied over from cPanel.

Any way to fix that?

• Krydos locked this topic