How Do I Add A Domain ?

datasynkron

Merry Christmas, everyone!!!!!!!

Hi, I was just able to sign up for the Johnny server after a long time waiting. :D . Thanks a lot for this Christmas gift. 

I am a bit new to webhosting, so do bear with me if sound amateurish and its feels like I haven't done a lot of research before bothering you. 

1. I plan to have a WordPress blog with a domain that I have [the domain has already been forwarded from the registrar to Cloudflare]. 

- How can I add this domain a new WordPress website? I can't seem to find a place to add this domain.

- How can I use the SSL certificate that Cloudflare generates? 

2. I have developed some Flask and a Django Applications (based on python 3.9, 3.10 & 3.11), that I want to host under different domains. How may I go about doing that? I have read, Django - HelioHost Wiki (helionet.org) and its Flask counterpart, but since I don't know how to add the domain, I am unable to make the folder necessary for these applications. 

I am probably doing something wrong and being an idiot. So do spare a couple of minutes and guide me as to how to do what I plan to do. 

1. Adding domains are currently not available due to security concerns. They can be added to Plesk by our root admins manually. Just let them know the (sub)domains you need added and they'll do it on their side.

2. I'll let someone with experience answer that as I have none. 

Edited by Sun Dark
On phone. Hate spellcheck.

Thanks Sun Dark for taking time to address my query and merry Christmas to you too. 

So, assuming I have a domain like www.xxxxx.tk, that has been added to Cloudflare and Freenom (the registrar) is already pointing to CF by changing nameservers, how do I use Helio host to host a WordPress blog on this domain? You told me to ask the root admins. How do I loop them into this issue? 

7 hours ago, datasynkron said:

I can't seem to find a place to add this domain.

What domain do you want added?

How can I add this domain a new WordPress website?

After you get the domain added you can use Plesk applications to install Wordpress on that domain.

How can I use the SSL certificate that Cloudflare generates? 

Once the domain is created you can upload your certificate through Plesk, or use Plesk to generate a free SSL certificate. We actually recommend using Plesk's free SSL certificate because Plesk will automatically renew it and you can just forget about it. With Cloudflare certificates you'll need to remember to upload them each time before they expire. Up to you though if you want to do the extra work.

I have developed some Flask and a Django Applications (based on python 3.9, 3.10 & 3.11),

Flask, Django, and Python 3.10 haven't been installed yet on Johnny. We wanted to get free signups started as a Christmas gift to everyone so we rushed the new code and rushed setting Johnny up to get it available in time. We should get all of that set up in the next week or so. Wordpress, PHP, MySQL (MariaDB), etc are all available already though.