[Solved] ja1r Switch Hosting Plans

ja1r

Hi! 

First i like to write thank you for ur services ;)

I received this message today "You are currently on the Johnny server, and you can move to Tommy or Ricky. Just open a support ticket and let us know that your username is ja1r, and the hosting plan you would like to change to. Please be aware that switching servers costs $1.00 USD."

Before the upgrade my account already being at tommy servers cause i already pay... how i can procede in this time? thank you again.

What was your old account's username? Also, when did you donate for the old Tommy account (and do you have the transaction info)?

Keep in mind that at the moment Johnny actually has better uptime and speed...

34 minutes ago, wolstech said:

What was your old account's username? Also, when did you donate for the old Tommy account (and do you have the transaction info)?

Keep in mind that at the moment Johnny actually has better uptime and speed...

Thanks for ur time,

ID PayPal 5043-9552-2710-4430

07/16/2018 - $2,00 USD

E-mail: ja1r[@]icloud.com
User: ja1r

I guess this account don't have other username... just "ja1r".

Donation is too old (we do not count donations made prior to July 16, 2020 for account transfers). My guess is that you were a free user as a result of the donation age and were still in line for transfer, but created a Johnny account instead (I can't check your ETA since it says you're already transferred, I'm assuming its seeing your Johnny account since it has the same username).

Krydos will need to look at this.

(For what its worth, Johnny is actually faster at the moment anyway, so where you ended up may actually be a good thing for now...).

29 minutes ago, wolstech said:

Donation is too old (we do not count donations made prior to July 16, 2020 for account transfers). My guess is that you were a free user as a result of the donation age and were still in line for transfer, but created a Johnny account instead (I can't check your ETA since it says you're already transferred, I'm assuming its seeing your Johnny account since it has the same username).

Krydos will need to look at this.

(For what its worth, Johnny is actually faster at the moment anyway, so where you ended up may actually be a good thing for now...).

yesterday i received e-mail (title: are you ready for plesk?) with the botton move my account now.

i used this account with python and flask before... 
i don't know how my account become johnny server.

So it was a transfer. Tommy is full, but perhaps we are moving Tommy users to Johnny due to the lack of space on Tommy (I know we were inviting users on Johnny alongside free signups, I’m guessing this includes transfers?)

Krydos will be able to explain this, but if that’s what this is, I don’t think you’ll be able to move back to Tommy right now. His uptime is worse than Johnny anyway at the moment.

As for python, odds are that issue is because the version changed and your shebang lines are wrong.

8 hours ago, wolstech said:

perhaps we are moving Tommy users to Johnny due to the lack of space on Tommy

Yeah, we transferred as many accounts on to Tommy as we could, but that server is 100% full now so all new accounts and transfers are going to Johnny. The only other option is you can stay on cPanel until that server is taken offline, and if there's still not room on Tommy your website will just be offline entirely.

8 hours ago, ja1r said:

i used this account with python and flask before... 

Johnny will have Python 3.10 and Django and Flask soon. I'll make a news post when it's ready.

1 hour ago, Krydos said:

Yeah, we transferred as many accounts on to Tommy as we could, but that server is 100% full now so all new accounts and transfers are going to Johnny. The only other option is you can stay on cPanel until that server is taken offline, and if there's still not room on Tommy your website will just be offline entirely.

Johnny will have Python 3.10 and Django and Flask soon. I'll make a news post when it's ready.

Thank you for your time; 

Please let me know... the server Ricky is a option in this scenario?

Tommy completelly full is a sad thing... because newest tecnologies stay there :( I waited the upgrade and dont realized my donation is too old. If i can do another donation...

We are still letting new donors create accounts on Tommy, and all of our donors from 2020-07-14 through today are already on Tommy.

The issue right now is Tommy Plesk is sharing resources with Tommy cPanel, and not everyone is off Tommy cPanel yet so we can't shut it down, but Tommy Plesk can't hold any more accounts. We can't sit like this in limbo forever. We need to shut down cPanel and give full resources to Plesk in order to fit more accounts onto Tommy Plesk. The only way to get the rest of the accounts off Tommy cPanel is to move them to Johnny. Once Tommy cPanel is shut down we'll be able to move old Tommy users from Johnny back on to Tommy Plesk for free if there is space, otherwise Tommy Plesk might remain donor only for a while until enough people abandon their accounts. We also plan on releasing a new server named Morty that has no free accounts at all and only donors to help relieve the overcrowdedness of Tommy Plesk.

So, if you want to make a new donation we can put you back on Tommy immediately, but Tommy Plesk is overcrowded right now so the uptime is only 97% and the speed is a lot slower than Johnny that you're already on so that's why we're encouraging you to stay where you are at least for a while. Also be aware that Plesk to Plesk transfers aren't implemented yet so your option would be to download your backup and delete your Johnny account and create a new Tommy Plesk account and restore your backup, so it'd be a bit of work for you too.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

7 minutes ago, Krydos said:

We are still letting new donors create accounts on Tommy, and all of our donors from 2020-07-14 through today are already on Tommy.

The issue right now is Tommy Plesk is sharing resources with Tommy cPanel, and not everyone is off Tommy cPanel yet so we can't shut it down, but Tommy Plesk can't hold any more accounts. We can't sit like this in limbo forever. We need to shut down cPanel and give full resources to Plesk in order to fit more accounts onto Tommy Plesk. The only way to get the rest of the accounts off Tommy cPanel is to move them to Johnny. Once Tommy cPanel is shut down we'll be able to move old Tommy users from Johnny back on to Tommy Plesk for free if there is space, otherwise Tommy Plesk might remain donor only for a while until enough people abandon their accounts. We also plan on releasing a new server named Morty that has no free accounts at all and only donors to help relieve the overcrowdedness of Tommy Plesk.

So, if you want to make a new donation we can put you back on Tommy immediately, but Tommy Plesk is overcrowded right now so the uptime is only 97% and the speed is a lot slower than Johnny that you're already on so that's why we're encouraging you to stay where you are at least for a while. Also be aware that Plesk to Plesk transfers aren't implemented yet so your option would be to download your backup and delete your Johnny account and create a new Tommy Plesk account and restore your backup, so it'd be a bit of work for you too.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Fine, so... i will wait for Morty.. please don't take so long hehe. thanks again for everything!

Johnny took considerably less time to set up than Tommy because all of the backend stuff was already rewritten to work with Plesk, and we had a fairly good idea of what we were doing the second time around since we'd already set up one server. Morty should go even quicker and smoother.

• Krydos changed the title to [Solved] ja1r Switch Hosting Plans
  • Krydos locked this topic