Cant FTP access your server from Total Commander PC version

fuzmic

Hi guys

I use Total Commander PC version "NET FTP" to connect to your Linux server with previous CPanel and all going fine.

However when i try the same to server with Plesk control panel it slow at MLSD and finally report it failed to resolve with title "PASV" saying port failed. I have been told in plesk the port for FTP is changed to 1373 but i don't know its significance or how to resolve this.

According to documentation from deveoper's link it goes as follows;

(Plesk for Linux) Configuring Passive FTP Mode
By default, Plesk allows only active FTP connections. This may result in customers being unable to connect to the server via FTP. To avoid this, we recommend enabling passive FTP. This topic explains how to enable passive FTP mode in Plesk for Linux.

To enable passive FTP mode in Plesk for Linux:

Create the /etc/proftpd.d/55-passive-ports.conf file, add the following lines to it, and then save the changes:

<Global>
PassivePorts 49152 65535
</Global>
Run the following command:

systemctl restart xinetd

unquote

Any advice to share.  Take note the mobile version of TC no issues.

Wolstech@. My problem, I did nothing to change or specify any port yet total commander cannot do plain FTP once we switch to plesk. So I google & found reference to passive port & thus looking for assistance to resolve this failure.

Port 1373 was mentioned as note in your email with "transfer" button.

Please try using Filezilla. I don't use Total Commander, and it's not a client we test with or recommend, so no guarantees it'll work. We usually recommend Filezilla or WinSCP.

I just tested these configurations using Filezilla and they work fine: Plain FTP or FTP with explicit TLS on port 21 (both tested using passive mode) and SFTP using port 1373.

No other configurations (such as implicit TLS, FTP/FTPS on ports other than 21, etc.) are supported.