[Solved] Mail bouncing

nyten

Hi, looks like the ptr record is missing for 64.62.151.106:

This is the mail system at host tommy2.heliohost.org.   

host mx00.emig.gmx.net[212.227.15.9] refused to talk to me:
    554-gmx.net (mxgmx017) Nemesis ESMTP Service not available 554-No SMTP
    service 554-Bad DNS PTR resource record. 554 For explanation visit
    https://www.gmx.net/mail/senderguidelines?ip=64.62.151.106&c=rdns

During the DDoS in early December 

we moved your account to an alternate IP, 64.62.151.106, to help keep your website online since the main IP, 65.19.141.77, was being targeted. Since the DDoS ended a while back the easiest way to fix this is by moving your account back to the main IP which has a valid PTR record. The alternate IP cannot have a PTR record because for mail the A record and the PTR record have to point at each other and nothing else. So tommy2.heliohost.org <==> 65.19.141.77. If I made a PTR record for 64.62.151.106 pointed at tommy2.heliohost.org it wouldn't work because the A record for tommy2.heliohost.org is not set to 64.62.151.106.

Anyways, in order to send emails you probably need SPF, DKIM, and maybe even DMARC. If you use an external DNS provider you will have to set those up yourself, but if you're using our nameservers for the domain we can set them up for you. Just let us know the domain you're trying to send emails from.

Also I noticed your account has a ton of domains and a lot of them are disabled. Do you want me to delete any of them to reduce the clutter? As we mentioned in this news post 

Tommy's uptime is suffering because there are too many domains on the server, so we're asking everyone to do their part to help keep the uptime high by letting us know domains they don't need so we can remove them.

• Krydos locked this topic