[Solved] Can't renew my account

esn024

It was archived, but is currently active, so it looks like it already renewed successfully.

As for the error, when an archived account renews, the server is actually creating your account all over again and restoring a backup. If Tommy's load is up, I could see this taking a while (I remember when we were restoring these manually back in the cpanel days, they could take half an hour if the server was busy). It sounds like the logic for restoring an archive needs to be updated to show progress and account for server load...

Thanks. I never got an email saying it has been renewed, though.

Also, I just tried to login without success - "Unable to login with that username and password."

I tried to reset the password (I don't think it was ever changed, but I thought that might work), but it says I need to do it manually.

Could I please have some help with that?

On 1/29/2023 at 12:21 AM, esn024 said:

I've tried to do it twice, but each time I'm getting the message "This is taking way too long.

23 hours ago, wolstech said:

If Tommy's load is up, I could see this taking a while (I remember when we were restoring these manually back in the cpanel days, they could take half an hour if the server was busy).

Yeah, this account took 21 minutes to unarchive. Probably because the load was high. The renew page gives up around 10 minutes I think, so that would make sense if they tried twice, and it still hadn't finished. The unarchive process was pretty thoroughly tested, but it's still relatively new so there are a few kinks to work out still. I still think it's a huge improvement over the old system where a root admin had to unarchive each account by hand.

Are you able to login now?

• Krydos locked this topic