Half-Blood Prince

/\/\/\/

I will dig out The Prisoner of Azkaban sometime and show you. And I do make my own choices, but myself and my mom have come to the same conclusion. And YES, I live a sheltered life, and if anyone has a problem with that, tough, it is the way my parents chose to raise me.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hilarious to imagine a courtroom-style hearing on harry potter....

Judge: Uh oh, Harry Potter just used magic! What shall we do now?

Defendant: Well, Harry Potter may have used magic, but its clearly in a good sense.

Prosecutor: BUT ITS AGAINST THE LAWS OF THE BIBLE!!!!!!!!!

Defendant: But it has goodness in it, and friendship, and moral values.

Defendant: But...but...harry potter uses his magic for good. Never in the book does it say that he goes against god's will. In fact, he actually tries to destroy evil.

They never explain in the book how magic works, so whos to say that they arent calling upon some higher being with their chants and rituals? Maybe it's God's work?

Take a look at some disney movies. Theres a scene in the Lion King where you can see the word "[bleeped!]" written in the stars. If you look around the castle thingy they open disney movies with you can see several gold penises/dildos/whatever kickin around.

exactly what i was trying to say, KC and HL.

As far as i understand, God gave humanity free will. They must do the good. As long as a person do the good, this person doesn't have to go to the church everyday or to be the best "sheep" in a priest's group, even cuz there are a lot of hipocrise (dunno how is written correctly). Do good actions and you deserve heaven even if you don't go to church. Good is omnipresent and omniscient, so he don't need a priest as intermediate to see who do good things or bad. Just cuz Harry Potter don't follow christianism laws, doen't mean that he practice good actions. JK Rowling only tried to create a universe of fantasy to entertain kids and adults, in the same line that Walt Disney acted. You can see almost everything "bad" in Disney movies, witch makes some people say that most of them are "evil". But it teaches moral values to kids, don't run away from your problems, help the others, have friends, don't let evil get in your heart, be generous, and so many more lessons.

i respect the fact that you and your mom think that HP is from the devil, after all is a belief like any other. I, Maja, just think that is a bit too much

As far as i understand, God gave humanity free will. They must do the good. As long as a person do the good, this person doesn't have to go to the church everyday or to be the best "sheep" in a priest's group, even cuz there are a lot of hipocrise (dunno how is written correctly). Do good actions and you deserve heaven even if you don't go to church. Good is omnipresent and omniscient, so he don't need a priest as intermediate to see who do good things or bad. Just cuz Harry Potter don't follow christianism laws, doen't mean that he practice good actions. JK Rowling only tried to create a universe of fantasy to entertain kids and adults, in the same line that Walt Disney acted. You can see almost everything "bad" in Disney movies, witch makes some people say that most of them are "evil". But it teaches moral values to kids, don't run away from your problems, help the others, have friends, don't let evil get in your heart, be generous, and so many more lessons.

Woa, hey. You DO NOT get into Heaven by doing good works. You get into Heaven by accepting Jesus Christ as your Savior. To get into Heaven, you must believe that Jesus died on the cross to take away the sins of the world.

Now I actually can understand why myscrnnm and Mynck are calling you fanatic.

Also, for the conscience thing, what kind of a "loving and compassionate" god tells his people to brainwash themselves to follow him, without even thinking about it. Well, God gave us the traits of doubt and criticizm, didn't he? So that must mean, he wants humans who use their traits to go to hell.

Some kind of a god you have, spacey. :P

EDIT: So then if Joseph Mengele was a Christian, he would immediately go to heaven? There's justice for you.

If you are a Christian then you will go to Heaven... Regardless. God is a God of second chances (and third, and fourth, and fifth, you get the idea).

God doesn't tell his people to brainwash themselves. They still have a free will, they can do what they please, but most true Christians try to live by what the Bible says.

i'm not trying to diss any of your beliefs, but what kind of church to you go to??? Cuz all the religious (not fanitic) that i talked to (and that includes people who helps the priests, the people that try to force you to believe in Jesus and other people like that) say that by doing good things you can go to heaven. All the religions have that in common. Do good things, go to heaven, the only thing that changes are the type of heaven. And God is a God of love and justice. Not some crazy nazi that demand you to have this or that to deserve his love. He loves his childs equally, even the bad sheep, or haven't you read Jesus tales? Be good and you won't go to hell, after all what kind of divine justice is that that you, who always did good things are sent to the same place that the ones who sinned, commited crimes and other bad things?

But as we say here in Brazil, don't discuss politics, religion and soccer. People who believe their candidates, their gods and saints and their teams won't change cuz of other opinions. Is a too polemical subject and that problably will finish in fight. That's why we don't discuss that 3 subjects, though you can change soccer by any sport like baseball or basketball.

I go to a protestant church. The whole "do good things and you will get to Heaven" derives from Roman Catholicism, which I do not recognize as true Christianity (because it taught/teaches that you get to Heaven by being Catholic, supporting the Catholic church, and doing good).