Google Talk!

nicflohn

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i prefer MSN of Yahoo any day.......unless i am doing a hw search

Me too. MSNIM and Yahoo! Messenger are undoubtedly the best. Although my complaint of Yahoo! Messenger is that when you try to exit, it keeps on asking if you are sure you want to exit! Google Talk is good, in a minimalist way, but it is just too overrated, which makes it less appealing.

I prefer MSN Messenger 7.5 with Messenger Plus! 3.6 added onto it (yes the versions matter) with Stuffplug NG added onto that with the Web Browser tab added onto that so I can then go to www.meebo.com to use all the messenger services simultaneously within one program. Pretty cool, huh?

i prefer MSN of Yahoo any day.......unless i am doing a hw search

That was absurdly off topic.

lol, when I first read it, I assumed that he was referring to their instant messengers, not some search engine!

I think he was referring to the Instant Messengers when he said MSN & Yahoo but he says the only way he would prefer Google is if he was searching for something on the internet. Or am I just pointing out the obvious? Probably.. I don't know. Ohwell.

Anyways, I prefer MSN Messenger and AOL Instant Messenger. I use these because the majority of people I know use MSN and only MSN. Although a few use AIM too. And some online people I know only use AIM. The down-side to MSN Messenger is that it uses up lotsa CPU and if you own a computer which isn't too good (like mine) it slooows it down a lot. More "minimalistic" IMers (like AIM for example) don't. I've rarely been using MSN lately. I occasionally go on but I can't be bothered with some of my contacts and they go all "OMFGZZ" if you block them so I usually just don't go online. And MSN annoys me a lot. I usually have far more pointless conversations on MSN. I'm usually signed in to AIM tho. I only have one person who annoys me on AIM and I usually have them blocked so it's okay.

I think I might check out Google Talk sometime.

MSN slows your computer down? Man, I thought mine was old...

I can tell you though, Google Talk uses almost no system memory, is well integrated into your inbox, and not overloaded with useless features. The sad thing about me saying MSN has useless features is I downloaded something to get more... pretty much just use it to see when someone was last on...