Websites

wee

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Mine is www.myunv.com and at the moment, it's not hosted by HelioHost yet. I'm still moving all the files and setting up my subdomains.

Oh and for all of those using the heliohost.org subdomain, I really suggest you get the co.cc free domain service and set that up for your site because then you get the features of a full domain such as subdomains and email. It also looks a lot better.

... but can you see where on the site you happen to be in the address bar?

Sometimes that's not the case if you're using framesets/frames and link pages that have a target of "_self," to the frame, or none at all. I'm really excited about using co.cc domains cause my domain right now is owned by someone else and I want to be more secure and use my own. Also I've been using co.nr for a while now which has been great since I can link my pages with it, but I can't link my files and it doesn't have DNS meaning there's a big cloaking frameset.

• 8 months later...

Hmm, this is a silly question but do you still use heliohost with a co.cc domain and if you can how do you change the settings on cpanel so that the domain is not your old .heliohost.org domain but the co.cc domain? Thank you very much

Bill

Hmm, this is a silly question but do you still use heliohost with a co.cc domain and if you can how do you change the settings on cpanel so that the domain is not your old .heliohost.org domain but the co.cc domain? Thank you very much

Bill

For the cpanel to show everything as a co.cc domain you would need to register your account with a co.cc domain. If your using co.cc as a parked domain than your file manager will still show the heliohost domain.

So does that mean I need to regester a new account on heliohost or what, sorry about this, I am not the best at using cpanel and heliohost

No not really. A parked domain will work fine for a domain. Everybody will go through the parked domain name to get to your site and every page that you have on your site and nobody but you will realize it is a parked domain. You can even login to your cpanel through your parked domain, but the urls will still show the heliohost domain name on your File Manager.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This one wasn't coded be myself but is still my website

It's my spreadshirt shop where I sell clothing for geeks like myself - it can be foundhere.

The only bad thing about spreadshirt is that I only make $3 or $5 for each sale :(

Mokothemonkey